aeRo's Cup Weekend Predictions/Preview/ACDP Bias

Moderator: Result Mod

aeRo's Cup Weekend Predictions/Preview/ACDP Bias

Postby aeRo » March 18th, 2012, 10:41 am

Here's how I think today's cup games will pan out. Might do one for Thursdays games aswell but I'm lazy so we will see. I'll edit in other games as I finish previewing them.

Cathletico vs Aquopolis
Cath's last 3 games: DWL
Aquo's last 3 games: WDD

I'm expecting this to be a tight one. The attacking threat that Aquopolis possess' will provide the ever solid defensive pairing of OPC and Cath with some hard work to do. Caths will be looking to put a harsh 4-0 defeat at the hands of Arriba behind them and may have a slight tactical advantage having 2 players (I think?) in the German Haxball league who are accustomed to playing the 4v4 format of the game, whereas Aquopolis only have the 1. Aquo have also got less points than they would have been hoping for in their last 3 games, 5 out of a possible 9, but are still undefeated in the league this season and will be doing their best to maintain that accolade in the cup.

Both teams will be capable of fielding strong lineups. I'm expecting a standard 1-1-2 formation from both teams, mainly because I can't see either team wanting to risk some crazy 0-0-4 or 2-3-(-1) this early on in the competition. I'm guessing we will see Cathalio, OPC, Attaxsh0t and Shockboy pitted against Fergy, Echsehh, Joehan and Ace.

I'm going to predict a 2-1 victory for Cathletico due to their superior experience and in my honest opinion quality on the pitch. The key players to watch for me will be Ace for Aquo and OPC for Caths. If ace plays to the best of his abilities and his teammates can link up with him then they may be able of causing the Cathletico defence some problems. OPC's performance will be vital to any success Cath's are looking to gain is his covering of cath, which is usually flawless, and his distribution of the ball upon breaking down the oppositions play.

Northern Lights
vs TI SPARTA!
NL's last 3 games: WDW
TI's last 3 games: DDW

THE CLASH OF THE EUROPEANS (Yes I know we are technically in Europe too but you know what I mean.) Northern Lights are a team I am not really that familiar with so can't be very in depth about them, sorry. NL and TI both are currently sitting 2nd in their respective divisions, NL with a mighty 4 goals scored and 4 goals conceded and TI with a much more exciting 10 goals scored and 7 conceded.

If TI wish to get anywhere in this game I would recommend staying well away from any wall battles or 50/50's, as with Girgensons lighting fast fingers the ball could end up anywhere and it could be travelling there at any pace... within the game's coding. Although I've never seen NL in action, I've seen a couple of replays of TI and the dutchmen TehBeast and The X Master both look to be very good players who may well be capable of taking this game away from NL if given the time and space to do so. Adding to this very solid spine of the team will be the tricky Mata, he and TehBeast have seemed to gel already since Mata's move to TI, both being amongst the goals recently.

I have no idea how each team will line up (Don't even know the NL squad other than Girgy and jassip, Y U NEVER ONLINE?!). But if I had to guess the TI lineup I would go with X Master in goal, Ovo in a more defensive midfield role and Mata and TehBeast up front. Gonna predict a 3-0 victory to TI, mainly because I hardly know anything about NL and because I believe TI have the quality to do some damage going forward.

aeRo
Elder of da Realm

News Articles: 0

Re: aeRo's Cup Weekend Predictions/Preview/ACDP Bias

Postby Girgensons » March 18th, 2012, 12:25 pm

I'm going to jump out of my window, while eating a hat, naked, if we lose against TI with a score anywhere close to 0-3.

Assuming we'll have at least 3 players.
Girgensons

Division 1 Winner: Season 4
Season 5

Postby OvoXo » March 18th, 2012, 12:39 pm

Girgensons wrote:I'm going to jump out of my window, while eating a hat, naked, if we lose against TI with a score anywhere close to 0-3.

Oh he mad, mad mad mad. Maddude.
OvoXo

News Articles: 1

Position: Goalkeeper

Postby TehBeast » March 18th, 2012, 1:31 pm

Girgensons wrote:I'm going to jump out of my window, while eating a hat, naked, if we lose against TI with a score anywhere close to 0-3.

You'd be better off buying a hat and undress now.
TehBeast

Postby naby » March 18th, 2012, 11:33 pm

not only did you not finish all the predictions, but you were wrong as well

wp aero
R.I.P. Starlights
naby

News Articles: 10

Division 2 Winner: Season 2

Postby Cookies » March 18th, 2012, 11:37 pm

Rachel wrote:not only did you not finish all the predictions, but you were wrong as well

wp aero

They're just predictions Image
Cookies

Postby naby » March 18th, 2012, 11:39 pm

Cookies wrote:
Rachel wrote:not only did you not finish all the predictions, but you were wrong as well

wp aero

They're just predictions Image

PREDICTIONS ARE MEANT TO BE SOMEWHAT ALMOST ACCURATE :x
R.I.P. Starlights
naby

News Articles: 10

Division 2 Winner: Season 2

Postby Girgensons » March 18th, 2012, 11:54 pm

0-3 prediction
>Sparta make no shots at goal during the game.
Girgensons

Division 1 Winner: Season 4
Season 5

Postby OvoXo » March 19th, 2012, 12:26 am

Girgensons wrote:0-3 prediction
>Sparta make no shots at goal during the game.

urm sparta made shots just not as many yours. so yeah okebro
OvoXo

News Articles: 1

Return to Archives