Season 17 Preview DIV2

Season 17 Preview DIV2

Postby Herna » October 3rd, 2016, 10:46 pm

FM Season 17
DIV 2

Ajhax

After having quite many different players over the last seasons the core of the team seems to be british this year again, as already seen on first matchday when 4 british players started. The team is a good mix of talents like Beninho, Giggs and Hulk, who havent much experience in 4vs4 yet, and more experienced ones like Aitor, deStorm, Twigg and hyo. In the last 5 seasons Jds' team mostly ended up in the bottom half of division 2, what they need to do better this season and surprise the people who see them quite at the bottom of the table again, they probably need to get some consistency in their line-up and gameplay. If the unexperienced players do well and they dont waste too many points, it could be possible.

Twigg about...
- division 2:
"Division 2 looks weaker than it's been in a few seasons which is a nice change. I'm not really sure what to make of Blackout, Serbian Haxballerz and Klub Emeryta though, I only know a couple players from each of those teams, i'm curious to see how they will get on. As for the rest, I think it's really hard to predict. I reckon TeamSwift will do well, top 3 seems a reasonable target for them, along with Monstars and Hellraisers."
- their team and aims:
"As for us...it's hard to say really, we've probably not prepared as well as we should have for the season, I think I'm partially to blame for that. Aitor is a really good GK, and can play elsewhere too if needed, I think he'll be really important for us this season. To me, Hulk should play outfield but that's something Jds and I disagree on and I think he himself wants to learn 4v4 from the back, so yeah, but he's really good GK nevertheless. For Storm - not sure if he'll be able to play much this season as he's having issues with his net. Pff, I'll stop rambling but I think we should aim for top 5 at least, but as I said it's hard to guess how we'll do."
- raging on teammates:
"On the pitch I think it's retarded and can ruin team's games. Off the pitch it's still retarded unless it's for a good reason, like if his teammate was trolling or something. Even then though out and out raging is just unnecessary. Gotta be supportive of your teammates, and our team's pretty chilled out in terms of all that."

BLACKOUT

The first of the new teams this season is BLACKOUT, a portuguese team that won a lot in the portuguese league already and is looking for a new challenge here. Their team is hard to judge because some players are new to FM, but their performance in preseason-cup, where they lost in quarterfinals against winner Mighty Ducks, and the win on the first matchday show already that they will be probably one of the top teams in this seasons 2nd division. One well known player is Cyndaquil, a consistent and strong player on the midfield positions. Juan Mata and captain TIAGO are experienced attacking midfielders. They also signed the turkish striker MARBLÈ who won FM in the last season and have some other interesting portuguese players in the line-up, who's names we will probably better remember after the season. It will be exciting to see if they get into FM fast enough to promote this season.

TIAGO about...
- division 2 and their aims:
"We are very proud to be able to participate in Feed Me. Second division is fullfilled with quality teams, every team with their own playstyle, every team with their own weapons. This division will be very balanced, i can't say who are the teams that probably will be on top, as i said before, this division has a lot of quality teams. I hope that every team can finish the season, so we can play the most games possible. Our aims? Well, we just won for the second time in a row, the portuguese title, and we still have the chance to win the cup. We are winners in Portugal, so we want to be winners in FeedMe. We're aiming the top, we want the promotion, we want to achieve first division and be winner's there too, and we also want to play against the best teams in Haxball."
- their team and key players:
"What can i say... well, i can say that our team is very motivated, we just won portuguese league, we have a strong connection, we're a family, we're not just a Haxball team. We don't have key players, we have VERY good players, for every position. We're a team, we win as a team and lose as a team. There are games that X player plays very good, or other games that Y player plays out of his mind, but that only happens because they have a team behind them to help. You can expect the best from every single player in our line-up."
- their past and having "blackouts" on the pitch:
"Well, we had a previous team, Cereal Killers, but we had some problems on the old portuguese community and we ended the team. After a while, we created BLACKOUT with the same members, same aims, same ambition. Haha we're hoping to make a good season, get our objective. We just need to play focused, we're well prepared and we're ready to show our value in FeedMe."

Devil's Dozen

The team of captain il dottore hasnt changed their line-up very much over the seasons. Their core is for sure consisting of DM Strew28, AM Yuma' and ST il dottore. Only on the GK-position they were having some changes and this position will be quite important if they want to improve, because they conceded 54 goals in 22 matches last season. On first matchday now they conceded four goals again, but there are still many matches to do it better. Their line-up is consistent and the players all have good technique, for sure they can do better than last season, where they ended on the 11th place. They can be hard to beat, but didnt show their best form often enough last season, what makes them quite unpredictable.

il dottore about...
- their aims:
"We want to do well every game."
- their team:
"We are a good team, if we play concentrated , we can win vs all teams. We know each other well."

Fulam

After last season there were some activity problems with jasko temporary taking over captaincy and some more players in the team, Nesmajnik is captain again and the team closer to how it was when it joined FM. We all love aBs for his great server. Last season he also was one of the players carrying the team, it would be nice to see more of him this season. This also counts for striker Medek and Nesmajnik himself, who were Fulam's top scorers in their first season where they ended on the 5th place. They added two player from the disbanded team Sensation to their line-up, Doktor Weiss and sana ocm, who will probably also help them doing better than last season. Striker Skinny, captain of the old FM-Team Canucks also gives them more options. Last season they were missing consistency, but if their players stay active a place in top half of division 2 might be possible again.

Nesmajnik about...
"Well, there are many new teams, new opponents and I think it will be more interesting and challenging... We always had quality to play at high level, but we weren't consistent.. I hope we will improve that this season and surprise everyone :), so of course it is the highest aim, as every competitor should have in every competition, to win it! (or at least to gain promotion :P)"
"Hmm, I wouldn't point to anyone as key player, we attack like a team, we defend like a team. There are some new signings and some departures as well, we will see who will shine :)"
- the missing 'h' in their teamname:
"haha, we named our team in Serbian league as it is pronounced in Serbian language and we maintained tradition even though we joined to the foreign league! :)"

Game of Thrones

Former GoT managed to promote some seasons ago carried by FAF and _JG_, who arent in the line-up this time. Still the line-up has the quality to promote the season. The GKs Norbii and VIICTORE are experienced, the hungarian star player Merk might be active again and also the other attacking players like drukker, the division 2 top assister in season 15 and Pain add quality to their team(OffSync not). Most important question at this team is the activity, if they keep that up and play their best constant they might promote, eventhough they lost their first match unexpected against Sgt Peppers.

Norbii about...
"In this season there are many teams with similar capabilities, and there aren't any with an outstanding line-up. Not like in the last season (seeders) or before it the YeS, so its hard to say who will promote to the upper division (beside us). In the current season our expectations are high as always. The aim is the promotion. The team's spine is the hungarian national team as usual, which we strengthened by two re-entrants Merk, and Pain, also with a Portuguese mercenary, Chico'z. Thus we can hold our level, and the re-entrants are getting in shape, I dont see the obstacle which prevents us from the promotion, like we did it 2 season ago."
- the team and key players:
"the team doesnt have any key players, everyone is about on the same level (if I take myself out of the equation).I am glad I can play with players like them. They are skillful and can play whereever needed. The only key aspect is how the returning players like merk and dreakma can adapt to the team"
- their teamname:
"Well. I really really love A Song of Ice and Fire. i watched the series at least 6 times and read the whole book series third times for sure. Long long time ago when i registred on ESL and made my 3v3 team i needed a team name. My mates couldnt give me an useful advice so in this case i choosed my favourite series. I know..i wasnt creative."

Hellraisers

When you see Mamba or naho play you often might think that they are more artists than effective haxball players. But whatever people say, naho isnt only the all time top scorer from FM, but also won many titles already, if he is active he will for sure the one to carry this team. Mamba mostly played Striker in the past, it will be interesting to see how he developes with his own team on the DM-position. As GKs they have the polish gamer Gamer, who also became 2nd in 1st division with Night's Watch already and the dutch players Pizzi, where it will be interesting to see if he can be a good and safe GK for this team, and Danny, who is still a talent. The attackers Lord and former Fulam-player shaxlele close up their lineup. This team has some great individuals for sure, but the results in preseason-cup and the loss on the first matchday show that they still have to develop a lot if they want to reach promotion.

Mamba about...
"Honestly it's interesting, there is equal amount of new and old teams now in division2 so a big change in my opinion, I wont try to guess if it's bad or good thing, we will see that ourselves at the end of season. My team aims would be to improve as a team with time and make results better, but also not to chase too many goals and just have fun, have great time and try to form a nice squad in general for a longer term."
"well I dont want to call someone more important than other because I like to think that we are all equal part of team ^^ but if we speek about some of us individually for example we all know that naho is capable of scoring alot of goals, shaxlele is showing very good form and is improving fast (meeting him was kinda surprising to me, because I didn't knew him before I made an application for FM now)"
- his first attempt making a team some seasons ago:
"In my opinion it will be better now because first time I was blindly searching for good players while ignoring my real friends and it was a mistake number one. Current roster is more based on friendship and is more stable in general. Also for myself I think that in these couple seasons after my first try with Hellraisers I've grown myself as a person and got way more experience as a captain. So 2 main factors why it didn't worked out before was people that I signed before and my own lack of experience."

Klub Emeryta

Klub Emeryta is one of the new teams that is really hard to judge, because most players are unknown in FM. All players are from Poland and well known players in their community. Some of them are known from playing in different teams in european leagues already, still it will be interesting to see how they will do with this team. They started the season quite nice with a 1-0 win against Hellraisers already, but they need to show if they are a strong and stable in the next matches!

kojo about...
"In the second division i see very strong teams as Mighty Ducks, GoT.. Our target is promotion to 1st division, also we'd like to spend our time here very nice, and i believe that it's gonna be so much fun."
"Every player is important, our key player is Notek and Kazek, they're the most experienced players. But also remember that this is 4v4, one player can't win match"
- their teamname (Emeryta = pensioner):
"Because most of us decided to finish our career around 2013.. Few weeks ago, we decided to back, that's why"

Mighty Ducks

Most people expect Mighty Ducks to be the strongest team in division 2 this season, also because they won the preseason cup with a win against Seeders in the final. With a great history in FM winning all titles, it will be interesting to see if they will continue that way. They have a good and balanced team, especially Duke and anglo in midfield will be important. The german Rooney1878 was quite inactive in the last time, if he plays he can also push the team a lot. Styl also known as Stefan scored many goals in FM already, but still has to show that he can make a top team even better. Mata played a stable season in Daredevils, he will help in attack lot for sure. All in all i think that this team's promotion isnt sure yet, but if they are active and get a stable teamplay they should be able to make it.

anglo about...
"My feeling is that the level of this seasons 2nd division is below the level of the previous seasons. Of course there is no bad team nowadays, meaning we will have to respect all opponents. There is no such thing as a free win. Still I imagine us to belong to the top of the table, and of course our goal cannot be anything else than winning the 2nd division. Moreover the goal is to have an active team so that we can improve our chemistry on and outside the pitch, and have fun while doing it."
"I consider my squad to be very interesting with loads of potential if we get everything working. We got good coverage for the GKing position with poneyl, Holtby and now also our latest signing the russian national player Bruma. Moreover we got a nice dynamic balance for the DM/AM positions with Duke, anglo and our AM/ST:s Rooney1878, Mata, Styl. I would not say that we have particurlar key players, all players of MD are key players. My aim with putting together this squad was that I wanted an active team, and for it to work everyone has to contribute. Further, my policy for game time is that the guys being active and fsing with the team for the game will be the ones to play it. I don't care if you are Messi, if you didn't fs with the team while the others did - then they deserve to play. Meaning if many of the players been active, you split game time. Since I consider all my players good enough to play it means that the key is within the players being active, hence all are key players."
- about their team's past in FM winning all important titles:
"For some of us it is a nostalgic trip, I(anglo) played and won MD's first league title back in season 5 (2012-2013). Duke played around season 7-13 and Styl season 9 and a few titles were won during this time as well. I also was registered as a MD player during season 9-12 or something, however in reality I did not really play haxball since season 6-7 making a comeback last season. Reviving the team at this point means that all from the old guard cannot be here. However I am excited about the new lineup. After all this time it feels really great that we put ourself on the score sheet again winning the pre season cup season 17, even though it might not be the fanciest of titles. Obviously all teams want to win, even though most of the teams perhaps do not have the actual potential. However I would say that we have got the potential, and for me personally it would be nice to close the circle with winning FM once more with MD after all these years."

Monstars

Monstars lost some important players of last season like anglo, but still got some potential to fight for the promotion place, having few of the best british players with striker Lloyd Banks, midfielder ogre and defensive player mlfaijati. Also GK Pupek, who won FM already, will make their team better. It's hard to predict how they will do this season, as they started quite good last season but werent constant enough over the full time. If mlf plays often they can promote, else they will end up in bottom half.

Lloyd Banks about...
"It's difficult for me to say because I don't know a lot about some of these new teams, but with 5 of the top 6 going up from last season I'd like to think we have every chance of challenging for the title. I have been impressed with Anglo's Mighty Ducks so far, certainly after them beating Seeders in the pre-season cup final. Our aim is ultimately to remain consistent though, last season we got off to a great start and towards the end we really struggled to pick any points up, I'd like to see us get off to a good start and maintain momentum right to the end."
"Of course I think our key players are ogre and Pupek, defensively they are both excellent, and everyone knows a good defence is integral to success. We are still looking to strengthen the depth of our squad as eWa and rng both went AWOL with no signs of returning any time soon. I have brought in FM veterans chuckdog, Kirito (formerly Rodwell), and mlfaijati, the aim was to bring in players that would be available not only for every game but also to play friendlies too so we can build a good rapport. I'd like to think B4d will be one for the future, providing he is active for our friendlies, I think he does have talent and it just needs to be fine-tuned."
- zoology:
"what do you call a deaf tiger? anything you want, he can't hear you"

Serbian Haxballerz

мислим да це освојити лигу. Serbian Haxballerz is what the name says, all players come from the serbian league known for his well-coded homepageg, but its hard to judge them. They have some good players for sure, like former Fulam-player grobar, and also showed in preseasoncup winning the group and beating YeS that they shouldnt be underrated. Like at some other new teams it will be interesting to see how the new players do in FM, most of the serbian players havent played over a longer time in this league yet. It's hard to say if fighing for promotion is possible, but nearly all teams have a chance for it, because there arent really overpowered teams.

Majstor za golove about...
"I think its really strong league, strong teams and every match its gonna be tough. We are chasing promotion of course cause nobody likes to lose."
"Our team is basically our national team. Its made of serbian players only and that is i think very good. Key players is ofc grobar cause hes well experienced"
- how serbian league is going:
"Very good actually, we are developing through seasons and now we are where we are."

Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hax Club Band

It was obvious that it would be hard for Sgt. Pepper's last season, probably 9 points out of 22 matches was still a disappointment. Captain chuckdog decided to join Monstars and Renbeaudach, who also was captain of the old FM-team The Real Rock'n Rolla, decided to take it over and keep the hope of bringing talented UK-players into FM alive. At the moment their roster is quite small and consists mainly out of attacking players without too much 4vs4-experience like CHE, Splat or Splash. vaqq probably is the most experienced attacker in this team. Hop also havent played a lot in FM and can play the defensive positions. With Renbeaudach himself and SebastiAn they have some veterans for the defensive positions. All in all the main aim should be a safe defense, as they already showed with winning the first match against favourites GoT it will be possible to win points that way. Promotion wont be possible this season probably, but if they develop well maybe i might be wrong, or they will do it in a later season.

Renbeaudach about...
"It might look on the surface like it's not as daunting a division last season, but I'll be taking nothing for granted for sure; as well as the obvious Mighty Ducks I'll expect Klub Emerytow and Blackout to prove to be tough teams to beat. As for our own aims, well obviously to win more games than last season, but in order to do that i think we have to play with more positivity, as my teammate Splat said, there's no point going into any game expecting to lose, so I think that's the attitude we neet to take into every game, with the belief that we can win."
" I'll be slippery and avoid the use of the term 'key players', but I think a couple of players that you need to watch are CHE and Splash, who both may surprise you and the rest of the division. I suppose some of you may know a bit about Splash already as he made his LHC debut last season, but I think he's added a lot to his game already in both attack and defence and will be tough to deal with for any prospective opponents. As for CHE, he's not been seen yet in competitive 4v4 but I reckon he's a very skilful player on the ball, and more importantly has a great attitude to the game and improving himself, and has the potential to make a real difference."
- if the team will turn random like some uk-based teams did before:
"Not on my watch! As long as I'm captain one of my main objective will be to sign UK and Irish based players who are willing to improve their games, for me it's more important to have fun with players that are committed to the cause than winning at all costs."

TeamSwift

TeamSwift is a new team consisting of some well known players. Their roster contains some british players who played at different teams, but havent really played in FM regulary for a longer time, Bliz and Swift will probably play on the midfield-positions most of the time. Wildey and Cazorla also come from premierhax, but at the moment it's hard to predict if they will play a big role this season. Deco*, Rabiot and Dalone are well known attacking players, giving them a lot of opportunities. Their GK-position is still a problem as they're still search for one, but the polish player Makumba did a good job in the first game already keeping a cleansheet. As for many of the new teams the key to playing a succesful season will be to keep the activity from preseason and to develop as a team, maybe then also TeamSwift can fight for top 3.

Swift about...
"I think it's quite strong this year with some good new teams coming in. With a lot of division 2 teams from last season going up, I think this season will be really hard to predict and it will be really interesting to see who comes out on top.
My team's ambitions are to come in the top 3 this season which I think we are very capable of doing, and also maybe achieve some individual awards like top scorer, top assister etc. We also want to have a good cup run although this isn't a major thing, we just want to concentrate on the league for now."

"Well this season I think our team is strong enough to challenge for the top places as I mentioned before. In my opinion, our key players would be Bliz as he is our main DM and will be pivotal to helping us achieve what we want. Also, myself too as I'm the main AM and need to deliver both defensively and attacking wise. We have a variety of strikers to choose from and I still dont know which one I should start vs Ajhax on the first match of the season so we will see in the future which striker is a key player. Both our goalkeepers will be playing this season (Makumba and Kissberry), and both are solid GK's which we will definitely need!
Also I want to see Cazorla and Wildey produce some nice stuff this season, especially Cazorla who has potential to be an important player for us"

- their teamname:
"My teamname is TeamSwift because that's the first thing that I thought of and I saw it online somewhere but I don't remember where. It has a nice ring to it imo, and haters gonna hate so... :) Unfortunately, I haven't met her yet which I am rly upset about but next time she comes to the UK I will definitely see her!!!! she's the first singer I listened to on youtube and I just loved her since then!!"

Division 1 Previews will follow soon by Barca, please tell me if you find fails or if you want to critisize something on ts! i also hope you had fun reading.

Herna

News Articles: 27

Re: Season 17 Preview DIV2

Postby socrates » October 4th, 2016, 8:19 am

Really nice preview Herna - great research and interesting read :thumbup:

Every time I stream Fulam I get the name wrong - apologies for that :)

I disagree with what some of the captains said in that Division 2 is weaker this season. Sure there is probably not a team as good as Seeders last season but the overall strength of the division looks stronger to me. The weaker teams get better and better and I expect a lot of surprising results this season.

Nice to see a lot of UK players in Div2 this season. Would be interesting to see an updated breakdown of nationalities in FM if anyone wants to do that.

Have a nice season all. gl hf!

socrates

News Articles: 69

Postby Twigg » October 4th, 2016, 1:13 pm

socrates wrote:I disagree with what some of the captains said in that Division 2 is weaker this season. Sure there is probably not a team as good as Seeders last season but the overall strength of the division looks stronger to me. The weaker teams get better and better and I expect a lot of surprising results this season.

I've just been going through the teams and I can't help but think that. Of course, I can't speak for three of the new teams as I don't know much about them. But I dunno, it just felt like 60% of the matches last season were going to be extremely difficult to get a result out of, but it looks less hard to me this time around. I'm not even saying it because Hot Shots and Seeders Have gone either (although they were pretty stacked, arguably as good as any division 1 side - you could just sort of tell that they'd finish top two or three), but I just think the general level has lessened somewhat compared to the last few seasons. I could be wrong of course but they're just my feelings atm

Twigg

News Articles: 0

Postby Jai » October 4th, 2016, 1:42 pm

6 teams from div 2 got promoted last season that might back up your point twigg

Jai

Position: Goalkeeper

Postby socrates » October 4th, 2016, 1:57 pm

Maybe you are right idk.

A lot of the new teams are very strong imo. When I streamed Ajhax - TeamSwift I was surprised at how high quality a match it was. Defensively everyone is much better and so there are no easy games anymore. Sgt Peppers match is another good example of how teams that were bottom half last season have improved.

socrates

News Articles: 69

Postby Kivi » October 5th, 2016, 6:55 am

Last season was the strongest at all in both divisions (even though Div2 was still extremely bad). With the disband of LS by the admins and the disband of YeS, the "lower skilled teams" from div2 entered div1 and for that we got even lower teams in division1 now. If teams like MD promote, they'll kick lower teams which don't deserve division 1 at all. We'll have to wait 1-3 seasons to get the level back where it belongs to (last season) but at all, div2 seems not as strong as it was before.

Kivi

Position: Forward

Postby Swift » October 5th, 2016, 10:26 am

I certainly think division 1 is weaker this season, but Division 2 I don't agree with that opinion tbh. We can only see how weak division 2 is when we reach mid-season and see what the results were etc, because there were a lot of new teams so it's hard to judge. For now, we can only speculate how weak it is but don't know for sure.

Swift

Position: Attacking Midfielder

Postby chuckdog » October 5th, 2016, 1:52 pm

the disparity between the best and worst teams in div 2 is much, much smaller but the top teams aren't as good as they were. everyone can beat everyone though which should make for an interesting season. :deadly:

chuckdog

Position: Defensive Midfielder

Return to Previews & Reviews