Season 15 Preview DIV1

Season 15 Preview DIV1

Postby MrP » March 6th, 2016, 5:34 pm

FM SSN 15
DIV 1

TurnUpTurnips:
No matter how exactly TuT managed in the past season to remain in the 1st division, in the end it was still deserved. Ayla saved the team of captain Hernandez on the last match day in a thrilling match vs Canucks literally in the last seconds the 1 required point to prevent the relegation. So if Hernandez and his team strive for keeping again their 1st division spot, they have to accomplish a lot of work. In the previous season TuT ended up with a goal difference of 24:53, while providing the 2nd worst offensive and defensive at the same time of the entire division. In order to improve their less promising season 14 result, they have signed with Q and Gotze two new goalkeepers, who align together with Bra, grünersamt and QuickCrew in a highly competative environment for the one GK position. Interesting move i would say, as 5 GKs in 1 team are quite unusual, but obviously a necessary step, in order to complete the upcoming season with active GKs and hopefully less conceded goals. Nevertheless their recent season 15 start has already exposed once again their defensive instability, after having lost quite clearly with 2-7 vs. the current strongest FM team YeS AllStars. At least Hernandenz doesn't need to cope with replacing players, since all players of the previous season are remaining in TuT and are looking forward to a better and more successful season. The midfield of TuT, probably composed of Hernandez and salamini in most of the matches, is going to assist for the two attackers Ayla and aeRo. In my opinion Ayla is the secret star of the team, not only because of her decisive goal in the last league match, she also managed to score 12 goals (50% of all goals TuT scored) overall and is therefore one of the reasons, why TuT could prevent the relegation. Nevertheless Hernandez has to convert his team leader role and his high expectations to himself finally into scoring points, as he finished the previous season with only 3 goals and 2 assists. I assume that if he is not able to improve his overall performance, TuT has to fear the relegation probably yet another time.

"salamini": i think of the new season as a possibility to make our teamplay better and our goals to be staying in div 1.

Pablo Haxobar:
Beside Ajhax, Pablo Haxobar is the oldest of the current FM teams and the team of captain MrP played against all odds a really good season 14. Although having scored as less goals as TuT, the PH defense was without any doubt the key to a quite good overall season performance. The goalie of Pablo saviola conceded 25 times in 18 matches, which is the 3rd best defense of the previous season and compared to the strength of the other competitors in that division a really impressive achievement. While, as previously mentioned, TuT has a lot of GKs, the majority of the players of Pablo Haxobar have always been mainly attackers. However the two germans Rooney1878 and Coon left the team, so Pablo signed recently the british attacker and FM legend Lloyd Banks. Apart from that, the team is the same as last season and can also count in the upcoming season on their arguable most important player saviola, who not only played all matches in season 14, but additionally has been selected behind Caccapupù as 2nd best GK of the league. His counterpart is the danish national Zola, who showed once more in the previous HCL that he is an experienced and skilled GK as well. The top weakness of PH might be their midfield, which is only composed of 3 players by name Health, Hannes and MrP. According to the fact that Health can not appear regularly and MrP mostly prefers to let his team mates playing, it seems that 1 player might be too less for 2 vacant positions. Still Pablo is not going to recruit new midfielders, as they prefer to solve this problem internally by simply modifying the positions of certain players. Hence its very likely that Mamba is going to play DM with Hannes on the AM position, also because the last mentioned scored in season 14 already 8 goals on that position, ending up as season top scorer of Pablo Haxobar. Another recently signed player is the bosnian striker Hawk, who took a season break and returned now to his old love PH. This will improve Pablo definitely, because in contrast to Hannes, the assisting abilities of Hawk are as extraordinary as his finishing, who is by the way the most successful FM division 1 assister of all times. Also Lloyd Banks and A.Tuntija are ready to show their attacking skills, while the finnish ST is probably going to play some matches as attacking midfielder. Anyway, in order to reproduce the good season before, it is definitely required that all player changes as well as the position modifications are instantly succeeding. Otherwise PH could be in danger and maybe even relegated for the first time in their history, but all eyes are on the bosnian super star Hawk, who should hopefully help with his goals to keep Pablo Haxobar yet another season in the 1st division.

"Hannes": Hawk's back!
"A.Tuntija1": I'm really looking forward the incoming season. YeS Allstars is of course favourites again but I think that the difference between them and other top teams has become smaller. For Pablo Haxobar, I think we have great team and I believe we can finish this season in top-4. Last season we didn't concede many goals but didn't score too much either. Having Hawk back to lineup will make our attacking stronger. Especially I'm looking forward the "derbys" against TuT.

Canucks:
Skinnys team surely surprised the haxball experts, after having prevented the relegation in season 14. Canucks indeed struggled at the start of the season, but established their position in the 1st division quite comfortably in the end, especially by performing well in some matches, where nobody expected them to win. In order to preserve their recent season performance, Skinny hasn't been lazy so far and modified his roster early enough. He signed up the former Meh Squirrel player TehMonstah, in order to compete with Shamway for the GK position. Nevertheless the strength of this team is probably their midfield, where the very experienced player Ferry is directing the game, while trying to give Canucks more stability and security. Thats also a reason why they signed the ukrainian midfielder ptichka, because the 53 conceded goals in 18 matches from season 14 were way too much. Former Ajhax player hyo is going to improve the midfield as well as the czech player friendly. Its very likely that Skinny himself is going to play ST in Canucks and trying to integrate their recent signup Anddy along the way into their team and league. As lastminutes transfer Canucks presents the former Pablo Haxobar player Rooney1878 that has huge experience in FM and definitely can help the team to score alot of goals. Canucks are a well composed team with experienced players on all positions and are definitely not easy to beat. Nevertheless i am convinced that despite the competition inside their team and the balanced league, Canucks are still going to fight against the relegation. However keeping the highest division in FM should be possible, as long as their defense gains a little bit more stability.

"Skinny": Our line-up may not look the strongest, but we definitely should not be underestimated. Last season our playstyle was very chaotic, we hope that our new additions will help us change that. Our main goal is not to get relegated, everything above would be just a bonus.

Meh Squirrel:

The team of the dutch captain Diesel finished season 14 on 2nd place in division 2 and is playing now in the highest division of FM for the first time. Many people consider them as top candidate for the relegation, but i don't fully agree here. While aN and GoT scored 70+ goals in the last season, Meh Squirrel finished with 48:28 goal difference and still left the hungarian team behind. The key was for sure their continuity and their balanced team around their key players Ahmed and Koke. Seeing the italian AM having left MS, heading to join Devils Dozen, Diesel still managed to compensate this loss and even improve his team. The turkish player Altidore, Mata as well as the portuguese Petrovix were recruited to fill the AM gap. Another strong signing was the recruitment of another portuguese Bot, who looks really promising and is hopefully going to score goals as ST together with Diesel and Blizzard. The goalkeeper is still Dutchplayer, who has been voted as GK of the season in division 2 and already showed in the Allstar match how to handle first class attackers. The second GK will be their last season DM Ahmed, he wants try to show his goalkeeper skills this season in case that Dutchplayer isnt avaiable to play. The strongest position now in MS is probably DM, because the team signed the two turkish well known players Rosemary and Rq*. So despite Koke they did not lose any player and even heavily improved their team, as the latest transfers impressively show. Thats why i personally don't think that they will be in danger of being relegated, hence i'm pretty much sure MS will find themselves on a decent midfield place after this season. Its going to be interesting to see, how they will integrate the bunch of new players and if they can create some team chemistry. Every field player position is occupied by at least 2 or more players, so we have to wait how they will deal with this situation. Having seen their recents result at the FM Preseason Cup, where they finished only on 3rd place in their group, shows that they are still looking for more continuity.

"Ðiesel": well our main objective this season is to stay in the first division. It will be hard to keep with other teams in the first division. As you can see I have changed the lineup a lot to try to compete against other teams.

Elite 69:
Elite 69 is really one of the most unpredictable and unstable teams in this league. Especially the fact that the key players doupi and Bonaparte have recently won the 4v4 HCL with their czech league team, but here they are often facing bad results and can not really show their full potential. To be fair an elimination tournament such as HCL is something else than a round based league, but still the results of E69 compared to their own expectations and the potential abilities have to become more continous. Although the 5th place in the previous season is a good result, the gap between E69 and the top4 teams was too high in the end. While Dream Destroyers were comfortably 7 points ahead of E69, doupis team was simultaneously only 6 points away from the relegation spots. They did not change their roster, so obviously doupi trusts his players 100%. I think that the biggest weakness of E69 is not any skill related issue, its probably more their lack of activity. Being a bit more active and having the full squad more often, i would definitely dare E69 to enter the top3 regions. So their main GK Popi is not always available, hence their nominal field players Strider and Click are forced to play on the GK position. At least their DM Martyk seems quite active, so he will probably play the majority of all matches. The star of the team is without any doubt the experienced AM Bonaparte, who helped E69 in the previous season a lot with 10 goals and 10 assists. The chemistry between Martyk and Bonaparte is quite good, so the usual AM doupi started to play mainly ST. This will pressure their other ST Zembou hopefully a bit and makes him more active, because his 12 goals in the last season in just 9 matches reflects the importance of Zembou for E69. I think that Elite 69 neither has to fear the relegation nor they will seriously fight for the title. They probably finish again on a decent midfield position in the ranking, but with a bit more activity also a HCL participation could be nearby.

"doupi": Well, I can't say anything else than we want to win the title. We all saw how that worked out last season, but we've managed to turn it around in the return leg and I hope our run will only continue. However, even more important is to yet again publicly humiliate the Judas trio, i.e. Forsbi, poraon, and lukyno. I'm glad to see 18 out of 20 teams stayed and I think this new brought stability is very good for the league. In the title race, I'd say YeS are the main favourites, probably with NW and LS as other contenders. We'll see if we can sneak in there as well!

archNemesis:
The team of captain Storm is the current division 2 winner and wants to reproduce their amazing season now in the 1st division as well. They dominated the previous season quite easily and ended up with a 70:16 goal difference. Thats why its hard to expose any weaknesses, because their defense as well as their offense is composed of talented and experienced players. Despite the leaving of xt9 and Kivi, no other transfers have been done, so aN was able to focus on the entire season preparation with the same players. They lost the FM Preseason Cup unluckily 0-1 vs the winner NW, so aN is obviously already in a good shape. The two GKs are still Obs and Mish and next to them aN has with Barca one of the best DMs in this league, who finished the previous season with impressive 11 goals and 13 assists. If there is any weakness, then its maybe the AM position, because although Alekos looks very promising, he has not much experience in big matches yet. However he showed impressively in the 2nd division already his scoring (13) and assisting (11) abilities and is definitely a player to watch out. The main ST of aN is the most successful overall scorer naho, who is ready to show his opponents once more, how he managed to score 133 goals in 8 seasons. I think that naho is not replaceable for aN, although their roster additionally includes the ST Tsubasa and the not really active AM/ST Meyer. In the end the quality of aN should be sufficient to surprise the established teams in the 1st division. I predict them to finish the season on a top midfield position and with a bit of luck maybe even among the top3.

"Barca": Hello, in my opinion this is the best 1st division for a very long time (not only in this league), so there are many teams which have a chance to win and be champion in the end. We as a team who just got promoted to divsion 1 last year are not in a mode that we must win anything. We are not afraid of anyone, but still we got respect and know how good the teams are - and like that we also want to play in our matches. My personal target are the champions league places - I didn't play in there for some seasons, and when I last played there only with no 3def teams. If we then won't reach those places all still would be perfect - but in my eyes we are good enough to reach it, if we can play our game. Good luck to all and I'm looking forward to the new season and I hope it will be as good and strong as I expect.

Dream Destroyers:
Dream Destroyers are without any doubt one the strongest FM teams. They finished the 2nd place in the recent HCL, while some DD players were even part of the other czech winners. A couple of players in DD are also the official title holders of the ESL Country Championship. So the latest results of his players in the international tournaments should encourage their captain CvRk for the upcoming FM season. It seems that czech/slovakian teams do not really like changes, because like E69 they also did not sign any new players. This might have a reason, because CvRks team played a really good season 14 and i think its worth mentioning that they finished as promited team from division 2 on the 4th place in the highest FM division. Nevertheless its kind of curious that despite their top4 position, only the Captain himself, CvRk, managed to enter the top10 of the top scorer/assister. This could be either a hint for a weakness in terms of attacking, but on other hand also underlining their extremely good team work in a well balanced team. Their GKs are the HCL winner Forsbi and their recent main GK poraon96, who might step back a bit in the following season and let Forsbi play the majority of their matches. I think the missing continuity on the DM position in the first part of the previous season prevented a better position in the final ranking. In the end they signed the other HCL winner lukyno for that position, also to absorb the inactivity of Roman and to let CvRk play again on his best position ST. Their only nominal AM is KEANU and usually the team can trust his activity, so its not really a problem for DD. Even if he is not available, the both DMs lukyno and Roman are good alternatives here. The ST position is shared by Tayk and CvRk, who should focus a bit more on their scoring abilities, because based on their great team chemistry, DD can still improve their 4th place from last season. So if they manage to become more clinical in front of the goal, they should be even able to make pressure on the title race.

"silver key": Hi, for the current season we would like to improve our latest placement, that means we aim for top3 in league. We dont have really wide squad at the moment, as I cant play haxball, Roman will be barely active and Drew is our lucky mascotte, but all our players did prove their quality and I believe we can stay in fight for the league title till the end of season.

Los Santos:
One of the main targets of LS in the upcoming season 15 is to face their inactivity from last season. It was kind of surprising that they finished the previous edition on the 3rd place, but probably their quality was despite their less activity still extremely high. Responsible for that good result was also the 2nd best defense of the 1st division. Unfortunately the former main GK and captain Zerothree joined YeS AllStars, so the new LS captain is now Terquila. Together with CRonaldo, who returned to LS again, they are going to create a competative team. One of their first transfers was the turkish GK Donatee and his turkish mate egoistA, who is going to improve the attack of LS. Beside Zerothree also Isco left them, but with CRonaldo and recently also Eddie, the team has two really new strong DMs. The GK kot remains in LS and shares the position with Donatee now, so the GK and DM position is extremely well balanced so far. Nevertheless its not really clear what they are going to do on the AM position, because LS also signed with Akram another ST, while they have already Riquelme, Derrick Rose, Terquila and egoistA. Maybe because Derrick Rose and also Shärk became inactive, they really had to sign a couple of new players, especially after Clinical Striker and DrG left the team as well. So there are many lineups possible and its really not predictable on what positions the signed players are going to play. One possible scenario could be Eddie and CRonaldo playing together, while the belgian superstar is showing up as attacking midfielder. For sure, the players in that team are all good and its nice to see that they started to recruit now active players, so it will be interesting, if they also develop a good chemistry on the pitch. Due to the recent changes and uncertain starting lineup, it is very hard to make a prediction, but LS will probably again finish among the top3.

"CRonaldo": yoo, well it will be a harder season than previous season. YeS lost one of his most valuable players, Caccapupu, which is a tremendous loss. YeS will have a lot more competitors this season, Dream Destroyers who had a great HCL campaign, Night Watch who signed some great and experienced players and last but not least my own team. I aim with Los Santos on the title, but as I said, it will be a very hard season. The teams who will have a big chance to relagate will be MehSquirrel, Canucks and TurnUpTurnips.

Night's Watch:
The biggest surprise of the previous season and also the only team that could compete somehow with YeS AllStars was Night's Watch. Coming straight from division 2, ending up on the 2nd place with just 3 losses and being the only team that won vs YeS AllStars, is really remarkable. Based on their 45:28 goal difference, they could maybe improve a little bit their defense, but this isn't really worth to mention, as they played a stunning season and nothing else. Before the start of season 15 the team of captain Muris changed a lot, because a couple of players like Arsenio, Jai, Deliric or ElKabir left and on the other hand players like Rai or Hexucho did not fit the high standards of NW anymore. So Muris had to recruit almost a new team, because the core players of the last season disappeared. The first step to compensate the leavings was to sign the turkish GK Abduction, who is going to compete with their recent main GK Gamer. Another big transfer was the world class DM Isco, who occasionally showed up again in FM and already indicated his potential importance for NW, after they already eliminated the HCL finalist DD in the 1st round of the FM Cup. The counterpart of Isco will be again Dr.Atomik, who demonstrated his abilities once again in the FM Preseason Cup final victory over YeS AllStars. After having lost their main AM ElKabir, NW signed even 2 new AMs by name ESPierre and DaN. The attack is the only position, where NW can fully rely on their previous players, because Terror and Muris remain as ST. Interesting is that both STs scored about half of the team goals last season together, so they definitely have dangerous attackers. Many experts see NW struggling due to the loss of some key players, but i think that they compensated the leavings more than adequately. The results in the preseason were again promising, so i assume that the new players are already integrated well. The strong performances in the last season plus the good result with their new players vs DD in the FM Cup should give NW enough confidence. The roster of NW is probably even stronger than before, a top3 place seems more than likely and maybe they can repeat again the pressure on YeS or even increase it.

"Muris 91": I think the new season is even more difficult than the old one, and of course NW is ready again. We played a great season, against predictions and I think we can do it again. Our aim of course is the top, so we'll try to win this league once more and I hope it will be a competitive season again.. wish good luck to every team in both divisions ;)

YeS Allstars:
The current flagship of the FM league is without any doubt YeS AllStars. The team of captain Fritz managed as 2nd team in FM history after ACDP to defend the FM 1st division title and additionally also the FM Cup trophy. The overall performance of YeS was really impressive, as they scored stunning 68 goals, the most of all teams in division 1 and conceded just 14 goals in 18 matches, another league record. Less positive is the unexpected temporary retirement of Caccapupù, who got voted by far as best GK of the last season. The team hopefully managed to compensate this loss by having signed the former captain of Los Santos Zerothree, who is by the way their only transfer. Zerothree is going to compete with Formiga on the GK position and needs to prove that he is a proper replacement for Caccapupù, but there is no doubt that the dutch national is one of the best GKs in that league. Apart from that, the roster is the same compared to the previous season, so Fritz is going to be once again the undisputed playmaker on the DM position. He got voted by the FM community as best DM, what he surely deserved after winning the championship, the cup and scoring 8 goals plus representing the top assister (12) in the 1st division. The attacking midfield is modified a bit, because the former AM Yawn has switched the position with the ST Echo, who showed his abilities on the AM position already two seasons ago. Another winner of the FM community voting is the dutch national player and superstar Chro, who played an impressing recent season as AM, ending up with 16 goals and 8 assists in 14 matches. The ST position is still shared by a bunch players, so Fritz and team manager Whitee have a wide choice with the german national player Schnuppel, the french hero Razmo, the swedish supertalent Yawn and the portuguese bomber -Renatoo. This team is for all haxball experts and also for me once again the absolute top favourite for the season 15 title and there are no reasons, why the upcoming season should be less successful than the previous 3 FM seasons. The activity, continuity, team spirit and especially the given winner mentality of the team mentor and most successful FM player pata is beside the individual class the key to their enduring success.

"Fritz": "After having won the league incl. cup quite comfortably twice in a row, its now our 3rd division1 season here and our team is still the same compared to the previous season. Just Cacca decided to take a break, so we are trying to absorb this loss by signing Zerothree as adequate replacement. Thats pretty much it, so i expect that we are still the hunted team in the race for the title. Happy chasing all :)"

Thanks to Fritz for translation, Hannes for technical support and Herna for interviews.
Good luck for every team in FM Season15!!!

MrP

News Articles: 32

Division 1 Winner: Season 8
Cup Runner-up: Season 4

Return to Previews & Reviews