Season 21 - Hidden Names Winter Cup

Re: Season 21 - Hidden Names Winter Cup

Postby Yawn » March 13th, 2018, 9:40 pm

Muris 9 wrote:What would you do if you saw 4 people leaving at 00.00 instead of playing a final, and repeatedly refusing to play it in the following days, using the late time or some shit rules as an excuse? Those 15 minutes of game would have surely killed your next day performance.. I was afk during the final, and when I came back I just saw 3 of you leaving the room while TG had 4 players in, but whatever. You should organize next cups maybe, it seems you always know the right thing to do and probably we need that, so I won't waste hours and hours of my time either

anglo wrote:First of all I would like to say this is not a personal attack on anyone, I appreciate that the admins are spending so much time making haxball a better game. It is rather a text about the decision itself, no matter who made it.

You get constructive criticism regarding a decision you made yourself, you don't have to get defensive, at least not when it's illustrated in a such a friendly manner. I think I speak on behalf of the entire FM community when I say that we appreciate the work you do, organizing these funcups week in and week out.
Being an admin is to say the least, not a thankful job, especially in a game like Haxball where the vast majority are idiots.

However; these cups are ALWAYS delayed, there needs to be something done about it. Teams that actively delays their games needs to get punished, because really, who wants to play at 00.15 during a weekday when you have to wake up 06.00 for work.
I think I never experienced a smooth funcup in FM. A game should take maximum 30min in the groupstage, still the group always takes 3 hours to end lol.

Yawn

News Articles: 0

Position: Forward

Re: Season 21 - Hidden Names Winter Cup

Postby Yawn » March 13th, 2018, 9:47 pm

jalapeno wrote:
socrates wrote:I think its difficult decision for muris. If TG had defloss then they would also think its unfair as its normal to have players leave when funcup last that long.

How would it be unfair to TG? You shouldnt assume that TG are stupid, they are nice people. :)
They just like to troll a lot sometimes.

It wouldnt make any sense for them to protest against a defloss when they didnt even bother to follow the format of the cup (hidden names). It is their fault that the game couldnt be played like it was supposed to.

You expect them to follow the instructions?? Naive swedes... Thats' why this guy is your prime minister...https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KP3HuQOqKS4

socrates wrote:I think its difficult decision for muris. If TG had defloss then they would also think its unfair as its normal to have players leave when funcup last that long.

Blame the team that held up funcup for everyone by stopping to play a league match mid-way through. Not even sure if muris knew about this but the opponents should have said defwin for this match in order not to delay whole tournament.

Also we shouldn't have groups of 5 teams if it is a 1-day cup. Usually we struggle already to finish in 1day if its groups of 4.

I like limiting match times in funcup - would help I think.

Maybe we could add a rule in future where your team gets +2 goals if you guess opponents correctly or something. To punish teams that don't keep themselves hidden.

The problem is shit like this, and that every team has some 3rd world lagger that teams refuse to play without.

Playing 7 games should never take more than 4 hours.

Yawn

News Articles: 0

Position: Forward

Previous

Return to Fun Cups