Mafia Game Thread

Re: Mafia Game Thread

Postby huub » January 29th, 2014, 1:08 pm

@Zola
Im obviously trying to prevend random lynches, cause with nothing be said theres nothing to work with

@Swift, I think the mafia prefers an inactive board, since the doctor is dead already

huub

News Articles: 0

Postby Zola » January 29th, 2014, 2:31 pm

@ huub
So we agree after all. Im not suggesting that we don't do anything but we still have time so the last persons can appear in thread.

Zola

Cup Runner-up: Season 4

Postby rolex » January 29th, 2014, 2:52 pm

how am i challenging your accusations vigorously l0l i simply asked why you both are throwing out accusations everywhere

well i dont think theres much we can do without doc, if either cop/watcher claim we will have 1 report and they will die. a nl would probably be best to get more reports however we do have a mislynch available to us

also slightly suspecting doctor/huub for bandwagoning and accusing swift for no reason/ bad reason

also why are perkins and dooms so quiet :monkey:

Spoiler: Show

rolex
Betting Mod

News Articles: 6

Postby dooms » January 29th, 2014, 4:42 pm

i say nl - 2 risky to mislynch when the doctors already dead until theres good enough proof

dooms
Elder of da Realm

News Articles: 70

Division 2 Winner: Season 4
Cup Winner: Season 4

Postby mlfaijati » January 29th, 2014, 4:43 pm

NL, cop can speak to his innos next round.

FM record:

G.I. Joehans:
[s]Won Div 2 and Cup[/s] Got carried by Fritz.

ARRIBA!:
Got carried by jonny then disbanded the team.

NWA:
Came like 6th in Div 2B then disbanded the team.

The Real Rocknrolla:
When the going gets tough...

ACDP:
Benchride to title!

Overall:
A travesty.

mlfaijati

News Articles: 2

Position: Defensive Midfielder
Division 2 Winner: Season 4
Cup Winner: Season 4

Postby killa » January 29th, 2014, 6:08 pm

whos getting lynched then?

killa

Division 1 Winner: Season 2
Cup Runner-up: Season 3

Postby huub » January 29th, 2014, 7:33 pm

oke since no one really has any suspicions, and my accusations on Zola rather worked backwards, ill just admit im the cop.
Its my first time I play this game and it seemed funny to just do a report on zola cause i know him a bit.

I got a message the day after that hes sided with the mafia, and since the doc already died I felt I had to do smth.
So my tactic was to get more activity and hoped more people would follow me in accusating zolas guiltyness.
In that way I could wait with my exposeness and report 1 the day after aswell.

SInce its one of the first days theres ofcourse not really anything u can base on, and with my very impatient attitude I think they know im the Cop (doctor died etc. )

Ofcourse u now could think im sided with the mafia and use this as a tactic to get zola out of the game.
But thats strange cause

1. Theres no way i could know hes a townie ( he then could be a bomb aswell and this would kill me )
2. Its my first time i play this game so im not into any tactics at all yet

I also slightly think Hannes is mafia since he really hasnt said anything game related.
And i wanna notice The doctors attempts to get the cop in the game 3 times, this looked a little bit suspicious to me.

Lynch Zola

huub

Postby Zola » January 29th, 2014, 9:36 pm

lol. That’s just naive.
After throwing accusations around without getting credit from around the town, you suddenly decide to throw in the cop card?
Why would anyone ever claim cop after d1 when the doc’s out of the game? That’s just plain stupid.

U were not about to be lynched since we should probably do a no-lynch, and saying you feared for being nightkilled is just a stupid excuse.
There have been no heat on me at all besides ur vague accusations but ur current attempt to lynch me unfortunately leaves me with no other choice than to reveal my identity as cop. Imo all your accusations, left and right, sounds a lot like you want to remove the attention away from yourself, and knowing my own role makes your role very clear to me and hopefully the rest of the town.

I did a report on Ren last night cause I had a feeling that the “no lynch, but taylor seems a bit off to me” was a hidden claim saying that he had a power role. My feeling was right but unfortunately, ren was killed so I had no reason for revealing the report since it would obv reveal my identity as cop which would be bad with the doctor gone.

Now I know it’s just a matter of trusting either me or huub, but pls think this through.
The fact that he tries to reveal himself as “cop” at such a stupid time really shows that he is an inexperienced player that’s just desperate after his false accusations against me didn’t get any serious attention. If he really was cop it just make no sense to reveal himself at this point

I am certainly going to get nightkilled tonight, by lynching huub at least we can take one of them with us, instead of losing 2.
Lynch huub.

Zola

Postby The Doctor » January 29th, 2014, 9:48 pm

Well, atleast one thing is certain. One of you is most definetely mafia.

Huub, your claim of being the cop at this stage is certainly odd, even more so because the doctor's dead. To reveal your identity and risk yourself being nightkilled just to get zola lynched is worrying. Most members would have put NL as their vote and you had a low probability of being killed, leaving you a chance to carry out further investigations on another player.

Your confession of being new to the game also adds to this. If you were indeed the cop, as most would agree, you would have been more patient, however, your inexperience has caused you to make a hasty decision and I believe for this reason that you are mafia.

Zola's story makes more sense to me.

Lynch huub.

Insane wrote:you're so ripe.
The Doctor

Position: Forward

Postby Constantinople » January 29th, 2014, 9:54 pm

Just a reminder that the following players need to vote before Thursday 30th January 4pm:

rolex
Sukh
Hannes
Perkins
Swift

Constantinople

News Articles: 4

Postby Hannes » January 29th, 2014, 10:07 pm

this all sounds very strange to me.
Seems all like impatient aimless behaviour of huub. But i think maybe Zola is taking taking the opportunity of this to blame huub.
So i would say lynch Zola

Hannes

News Articles: 28
Betting Coins: 200

Postby Swift » January 29th, 2014, 10:29 pm

NL cos it's too risky to lynch with no evidence and plus i dont really have any solid proof that anyone is mafia atm.

Swift

Position: Attacking Midfielder

Postby huub » January 29th, 2014, 11:15 pm

Well as u said The doctor '' now the doc died, i guess the cop is fearing for his life ''

I think in that sentence u totally summarize my behaviour after that happening, which, i think, was logically followed by admitting im the cop.

I made the mistake to start attacking zola on his absence, i did this cause on that time i already knew he was mafia.
Cause of this behaviour i suggested zola would suspect me as the cop.

I think that should make sense, cause rather those accusations towards Zola that time, should have been Odd.

After realising this, + knowing that zola was mafia, I think the chance of me getting night killed was pretty high.
This made me give the choice to contribute the game with atleast 1 mafia, instead of getting killed and leaving it with nothing.

I dont understand why u 2 think this is weird, ofcourse I would have waited if the doctor wasnt killed.
( with making accusations )
And I definatly would have waited if I didnt inmediatly got a quilty report.

Just what hannes said, impatient/ maybe aimless behaviour led me to this.

@ Zola I agree, it would be very stupid to do it if I didnt got that report and made those accusations before.
And why do u think my argument of fearing to get night killed is stupid ?

huub

Postby huub » January 29th, 2014, 11:30 pm

btw i find it suspicious the short time between urs and zola post

huub

Postby Zola » January 30th, 2014, 1:20 am

huub wrote:Well as u said The doctor '' now the doc died, i guess the cop is fearing for his life ''

I think in that sentence u totally summarize my behaviour after that happening, which, i think, was logically followed by admitting im the cop.

But this is not logic at all. If we pretend you really were the cop and feared for your life, why would you ever make the claim so you would certainly be nightkilled?

Except your fake-claim no one has written a post yet that justifies a lynch so you wouldnt have to fear for that, if you actually were the cop.

huub wrote: I made the mistake to start attacking zola on his absence, i did this cause on that time i already knew he was mafia.

I think that should make sense, cause rather those accusations towards Zola that time, should have been Odd.

After realising this, + knowing that zola was mafia, I think the chance of me getting night killed was pretty high.
This made me give the choice to contribute the game with atleast 1 mafia, instead of getting killed and leaving it with nothing.

Why would the chance of getting night killed be high? In the last 2 pages u managed to accuse Swift, Mlf, Hannes, The Doctor and me of being mafia - These random accusations just screams out that ur a desperate mafia who are afraid of being lynched.
With that fake cop claim It’s so obvious that u try to make us confused and just hope u can survive another night before being lynched.

huub wrote:
I dont understand why u 2 think this is weird, ofcourse I would have waited if the doctor wasnt killed.

Okay, so if you were the cop, and the doc is killed - you decide to do ur claim in a situation when nobody can protect you?
But if the doc was still alive, able to protect you, you would keep ur informations and ur role for your self, with the risk of being nightkilled?
I hardly doubt anyone can see the logic in this.

huub wrote:
@ Zola I agree, it would be very stupid to do it if I didnt got that report and made those accusations before.

Think i already explained this but u have accused 5 players already of being suspicious. The chances of you doing this as mafia is so much higher than the chances for you being the cop.

Zola

Postby huub » January 30th, 2014, 1:45 am

Zola1 wrote:
huub wrote:Well as u said The doctor '' now the doc died, i guess the cop is fearing for his life ''

But this is not logic at all. If we pretend you really were the cop and feared for your life, why would you ever make the claim so you would certainly be nightkilled?

Except your fake-claim no one has written a post yet that justifies a lynch so you wouldnt have to fear for that, if you actually were the cop.

huub wrote: I made the mistake to start attacking zola on his absence, i did this cause on that time i already knew he was mafia.

Why would the chance of getting night killed be high? In the last 2 pages u managed to accuse Swift, Mlf, Hannes, The Doctor and me of being mafia - These random accusations just screams out that ur a desperate mafia who are afraid of being lynched.
With that fake cop claim It’s so obvious that u try to make us confused and just hope u can survive another night before being lynched.

huub wrote:

Okay, so if you were the cop, and the doc is killed - you decide to do ur claim in a situation when nobody can protect you?
But if the doc was still alive, able to protect you, you would keep ur informations and ur role for your self, with the risk of being nightkilled?
I hardly doubt anyone can see the logic in this.

huub wrote:

Think i already explained this but u have accused 5 players already of being suspicious. The chances of you doing this as mafia is so much higher than the chances for you being the cop.

only from u im sure, the rest was just to share my thoughts

huub

Postby The Doctor » January 30th, 2014, 8:40 am

Zola1 wrote:well. Haven't been much to work with yet imo.
Only thing that comes to my mind is that ren is killed after giving some heat to swift. But just seems too obvious if swift kills him for this.

huub wrote:but just waiting till theres a bit more to work with, doesnt rly fit '' the good side '', since theres been one killed already

Zola1 wrote:So your great suggestion is that we just start lynching people randomly and hope we dont lynch some of the persons we can use to catch the mafia?
That doesn't fit "the good side"

huub wrote:thats a weird conclusion curious how u came up with that

Following this conversation with Zola, I realised two things.
1. You did not "know" that zola was a "mafia", because if you did, this would have been the best time to reveal yourself as the cop and accuse zola of being mafia. With the majority of members yet to vote, you would have have seemed "truthfull" and succeeded in making zola seem guilty.

2. Your idea or statement, dunno which one it's called, where you said "but just waiting till there is a bit more to work with doesn't really fit the " good side" " basically confirmed you as mafia.
Why?
IF you were the cop, waiting would have a bigger advantage than trying to make a hasty decision that could cause a MYLO. You basically did the opposite of what the cop would do in my opinion.
Although this could be shrugged off as a "noob move" on your part, I don't think this is the case. You seem to have decided after the conversation with zola that you should claim to be the cop to justify your actions thus far. Which explains why you blamed several others before settling on zola who suspected you first.
Why would a cop blame 3 others while knowing one was a mafia?!
Check mate.

These actions of trying to get a mislynch from us and trying to attain the lead, lead me to believe you are the Mafia Godfather.
You are desperately trying to attain the support of the villagers, and your claim of being the cop kind of reinforces this, because if you were to be investigated, you would prove to be innocent. I believe it is because of that "safety net" that you are fighting for the cop role.

Well it all makes sense in my head, kinda..

Last edited by The Doctor on January 30th, 2014, 12:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Insane wrote:you're so ripe.
The Doctor

Position: Forward

Postby huub » January 30th, 2014, 11:36 am

wth why would i as mafia do so much effort if the doc is already killed , and theres nothing to base ur suspections on
as mafia it would make more sense to just wait and see
All i was trying to do was making the rest involved in the game, cause i think that was important to do after the doc died.

yes maybe i should have claim it before, but how i could i know people would vote so early already
How u and zola each time trying to put this on me, makes it obvious for me ur sided with the mafia aswell

huub

Postby Constantinople » January 30th, 2014, 12:07 pm

Just a reminder that the following players need to vote before Thursday 30th January 4pm GBT:

rolex
Sukh
Perkins

Constantinople

News Articles: 4

Postby Perkins » January 30th, 2014, 12:21 pm

lynch zola

"Gord": OK IM HOLIDING
"Gord": wow massive
"Perkins": woahhh
"Gord": woah that size