Shootmania Storm

2v2 BGO Tourney, Mafia

Shootmania Storm

Postby Maddude » August 28th, 2012, 2:30 pm

Announcement trailer.

SHOOTMANIA: THE “POWERED BY PLAYERS” FPS
ShootMania Storm is revolutionizing the multiplayer FPS by adding a community dimension and unlimited replayability. Developed by the Nadeo studio, renowned for community racing game, TrackMania, ShootMania Storm boasts quick-fire matches and epic battles, where only your talent will distinguish you from the crowd. Alone, or in a team, enter the arena of your choice: maps, modes and rankings, you are free to play as you like and take part in the ShootMania community as it suits you. Earn the respect of your opponents by improving your ranking, winning eSports competitions or creating your own incredible gaming experiences. A community of FPS players awaits you at the heart of the ManiaPlanet network!

GAME FEATURES
AN UNLIMITED GAMING WORLD CUSTOMIZED FOR YOU
Whether they are classic or developed exclusively for ShootMania Storm, the wide variety of maps and gaming modes offered within the game or created by the community will allow you to live constantly changing experiences.
INNOVATIVE INTUITIVE PLAYABILITY
Accessible to many and allowing the best to stand out, ShootMania guarantees fun from the first game to the last.
TAILOR-MADE FOR COMPETITION
Experience a fight at any time in a spectacular world. The many competitions held on ShootMania Storm offer the best sporting atmosphere.
PURE MULTIPLAYER DELIRIUM
Many players can take each other on simultaneously! The "matchmaking" system allows players to easily connect to a server on their level, whether for pure enjoyment or competition.
CREATE YOUR OWN GAME
With its map and script editors, numerous communication tools, Machinima sharing and editing tools, etc., ShootMania Storm offers everyone the opportunity to create and share their own game.

Shows how easy the map editor is.

Actually there are 8 officials modes developed by Nadeo for ShootMania Storm:
Melee : Free for All, the player has a certain amount of hit to do to win the map

Royal : A survival Free for All, where the aim is to be the last man standing at the end of the round. It’s possible to activate a sphere which will shrink the playing field via a pole which is generally located at the center of the map.

Battle : It’s a team-based pole capture mode. The goal is to capture the poles of the opponent team or to have the highest capture rate at the end of the timer to win a round.

BattleWaves : Variant of the Battle mode. From the moment where a player starts to capture a pole, a timer of 15 seconds begins for the offender team. The poles can be captured during the time. At the contrary, if the team in defense succed to push back the offender during the 15 seconds they can capture the pole of the opponent team.

Time Attack : The goal is to arrive to a pole located somewhere in the map by passing all the checkpoints as quickly as possible. The player with the best time at the end of the time period wins the map.

Elite : a 3 vs 3 mode. On the field there is an offender equipped with a laser gun (can eliminate an opponent in one hit) with 3 armor points, must survive 45 seconds against 3 defenders equipped with rocket launchers (one armor damage per rocket). Once the time expires, he has 15 seconds to capture the pole or eliminate the 3 defenders (he can also do it the 45 first seconds) to win the round.

Heroes : a 5 vs 5 mode. The offender team is composed of 4 players with the laser and one with the Nucleus. They have all one armor point. The goal of the offender team is to capture one of the poles presents on the map before the end of the 15 seconds after the first 45 seconds (as Elite), but only the player with the Nucleus is able to do this. Important note: the Nucleus still must capture one of the pole even if all the defenders players are eliminated. The goal of the defender team is to eleminate the player with the Nucleus. The first team with 10 winning rounds wins the map (by defender).

Joust : 1 v 1 mode. Players have limited ammunitions. They have to touch one of the poles present in the map to reload their weapons. To win a round, a player must hit his opponent a certain amount of time.

Yet several game modes have already be created by the community!

Coming out before end of 2012 it says so yeah.

Get me in coach.

£12.79 instead of £15 for pre-order plus unlimited beta play.

Co-Founder of Feed Me Community!
Maddude
Elder of da Realm

News Articles: 4

Position: Goalkeeper
Division 1 Winner: Every time except once
Cup Runner-up: Never
Division 2 Winner: Just the once
Cup Winner: Every time

Re: Shootmania Storm

Postby DEVINURDOG » August 28th, 2012, 3:55 pm

I watched TotalHalbuit (TotalBiscuit) do this on a WTF is.. episode, this looks really really fun.

I would buy it myself, but knowing how everyone goes off it after 1-2 weeks and that my laptop is shitty may make me not buy it. However, if you guys would like to do some trackmania nations forever (free version), I'm game.

DEVINURDOG

News Articles: 0

Return to Other Games