Would you rather

switch to HTML5 as soon as possible
53%
stick with flash for now
47%

Total votes : 143

Re: HTML5

Postby Kivi » December 8th, 2017, 1:11 pm

People with issues on HTML haven't tried everything to re-solve those.

Make the change to HTML, let those people who have issues report them to basro/reddit so they get fixed and we can enjoy a more competitive scene with non-garbage flash. There is literally no reason not to switch besides people being scared of going to HTML because they're inferior.

Kivi

News Articles: 0

Position: Forward

Postby Per » December 8th, 2017, 1:22 pm

I dont know why you wanna change things that are good like flash .. really

Per

Postby ALAN10 » December 8th, 2017, 1:24 pm

haxball in 2k18, challenge accepted LUL

ALAN10

Postby Splat » December 8th, 2017, 3:22 pm

Lyreco wrote:why would should change when flash wasnt a problem

Per wrote:I dont know why you wanna change things that are good like flash .. really

I bet you still have TV like this with your naive mindsets XD.

Splat

Position: Defensive Midfielder

Postby Per » December 8th, 2017, 3:40 pm

splat I have a good pc so what i need to play html ? wtf i like more flash and is better so pls stop with this photos.

Per

Postby GQKU » December 8th, 2017, 4:05 pm

WHATS BETTER ABOUT FLASH. ALMOST EVERY OFFICIAL GAME LOOKS THE SAME. SPAM---> CORNER. ABSOLUTELY NO CREATIVITY. THE ONLY DIFFERENCE IS THAT YOU WILL FINISH 6TH IN THE LEAGUE INSTEAD OF 3RD.

GQKU

Postby Barca » December 8th, 2017, 4:12 pm

guys i am not sure if all get it but the game will still be haxball

Barca

News Articles: 4

Postby Per » December 8th, 2017, 5:04 pm

you are so funny goku idk maybe you will rezist 1 season without rage quit just say

Per

Postby salamini » December 8th, 2017, 10:22 pm

Hannes wrote:Should we try to make the league switch to new version as soon as its actually possible, stable connection for most people and available rec. Or should we rather wait a bit longer and stick with flash and see how things will develop.

Voted for switch to HTML5 version since the switch needs to happen sooner or later anyways. League will stay fresh and no issues switching to HTML5 mid season will happen.

I am pretty sure it will be possible to make some customized/optimized browser for those that are suffering fps problems (not ping problems) with the modern browsers required to run the HTML5 haxball.

salamini

Postby Sega » December 29th, 2017, 2:20 pm

REC function is working now on html5

Sega

Position: Attacking Midfielder

Postby Whiplash » December 29th, 2017, 2:57 pm

Yea we can record on html5 but we can not upload our records to any record player since there are none. I think we'll have to wait until basro makes a new replay site unless admins accept html5 records from normal upload/download platforms.

Whiplash

Postby OffSync » December 29th, 2017, 3:56 pm

We can still share the replays and watch it locally. We will have sites to upload them in a few weeks.

No excuse anymore. We have to move to html5. #SAVEHAXBALL #THXBASRO

OffSync

Postby Barca » December 29th, 2017, 5:34 pm

easy going!!!

Barca

News Articles: 4

Postby Unai » December 29th, 2017, 6:11 pm

Every eastern european farmer that thinks flash is better than HTML

Unai

Postby Sega » December 30th, 2017, 1:12 pm

Sega

Postby Anddy » December 31st, 2017, 9:35 am

Kivi wrote:People with issues on HTML haven't tried everything to re-solve those.

Make the change to HTML, let those people who have issues report them to basro/reddit so they get fixed and we can enjoy a more competitive scene with non-garbage flash. There is literally no reason not to switch besides people being scared of going to HTML because they're inferior.

You're wrong, I tried everything on my first pc, which I play on flash, and it can't work fully on html as it does on flash.
I don't get the point that haxball will become a more competitive scene, players are the same, the game is the "same" (hi badass), ping is good as he is on vps'. The only thing that could change is if we can play vs more distant players

Anddy

Postby Yannex » December 31st, 2017, 1:01 pm

Anddy wrote:
Kivi wrote:People with issues on HTML haven't tried everything to re-solve those.

You're wrong, I tried everything on my first pc, which I play on flash, and it can't work fully on html as it does on flash.
I don't get the point that haxball will become a more competitive scene, players are the same, the game is the "same" (hi badass), ping is good as he is on vps'. The only thing that could change is if we can play vs more distant players

stop already... html is better than flash in every aspect, just because 10% of the community has problems doesnt mean everyone will stay in flash for those 10%
and play vs distant player, isnt that the point? who knows where haxball can go by finding new communities..
i just found out recently about haxball community with matchmaking system with ranks (as funny as it sounds) etc etc, so stop crying about stuff you cant change and move on

Yannex

Postby socrates » December 31st, 2017, 2:30 pm

Eventually the switch is gonna happen so if there are people that are fine playing on flash but are having issues on HTML then you should report it to basro here: https://github.com/haxball/haxball-issues/issues

From what I can see there are no real performance issues there that he is working on any more - only some connection issues. If you've tried everything and its not your pc causing problems then no harm in asking basro I guess. Eventually we will only have HTML so the sooner that it works for everyone the better.

socrates

News Articles: 69

Postby Herna » December 31st, 2017, 2:45 pm

if we play the preaseasoncup on html5 i offer free serverhosts for everyone!!!

Herna

News Articles: 27

Postby Anddy » January 1st, 2018, 1:20 pm

Yannex wrote:
Anddy wrote:

stop already... html is better than flash in every aspect, just because 10% of the community has problems doesnt mean everyone will stay in flash for those 10%
and play vs distant player, isnt that the point? who knows where haxball can go by finding new communities..
i just found out recently about haxball community with matchmaking system with ranks (as funny as it sounds) etc etc, so stop crying about stuff you cant change and move on

Haven't I said exactly what you said ?

Anddy

PreviousNext

Return to League Discussion