New league system | League-Finals & Playoffs | Cup-Suggest.

It is what it says on the tin.

New league system | League-Finals & Playoffs | Cup-Suggest.

Postby Kivi » October 1st, 2016, 4:55 pm

Hello guys,

After all those discussions about the teams and the decisions from the administration, I wanted to suggest something new. I'm sure every "high pro" in division 1 has the same single opinion: "Again those trashy teams in division 1 which belong to division 2..". Every season we've teams from division 2 which definitely belong to division 1 (MD/FH for example) and it is kind of ridiculous that teams like Morelucks which change their players every half season are still in division 1. That made me re-thinking this broken system in the FM-League. Teams are not long-term anymore and are living a short life. I think we should change that and I've got the right system for it.

Here it comes. Why don't we put all teams into one "division" and play with league finals (double elimination) with a winners/losers bracket. I've created something for you guys to understand what I mean:

Here comes an example for a bracket:

Thats how it would look like.
I'm gonna edit this post later to complete it. Feel free to discuss

See ya.

We could do the same with 6 direct qualifiers and 2 playoff-team qualifiers. The advantage of double elimination is that those games are important as hell, but you don't get eliminated directly if you lose one, you just fall into the lower bracket where you get one more chance to go to the finals.

Kivi

News Articles: 0

Position: Forward

Re: New league system | League-Finals & Playoffs | Cup-Sugge

Postby Hannes » October 1st, 2016, 5:22 pm

Do you want to face each team only once a season then? otherwise it would be 44 matchdays, which is huge number.
Another problem i see with a playoff system (we even once had a playoff in FM of Top4 teams) is the advantage of a normal league system, the best and most consistent team is 1st at the end.
In a playoff you can play a great regular season and fuck it up vs. a team which maybe only finished 9th.
And the other way round, a team playing a bad or average season and still get the chance to become champion.

If you have that many teams in one league you also get the problem of many teams bein in no-man's-land which can lead to matches where nobody cares about the result.

Hannes

News Articles: 28
Betting Coins: 200

Cup Runner-up: Season 4

Postby Muris 9 » October 1st, 2016, 5:23 pm

FH should stay in div 1 but ML don't, ehmm, didn't they change the whole roster? lololo
when did we change the whole roster every half season? uhmmm
anyway you should shut the fuck up, as long as we don't get in the last 2 positions we won't get relegated :bounce: obv teams like TuT (nothing against them) should stay in div 1 after they finished the 2nd div in the middle of the ranking.. I'm still sure you're fkn retarded

Muris 9

Postby Caccapupu » October 1st, 2016, 5:30 pm

I don't like that system of only 1 division then bracket blablabla but tbh to don't allow teams like tut, aston birra etc DIRECTLY entering 1st div the best would just be to play playoffs between the relegating teams from 1st div and the 2nd div teams of the past season (no new-teams and no already promoted teams ofc), I remember in your-esports they used to play playoffs when a team was disbanding or anyway when there were free spots to fill, that way you are sure the best teams go to div1 and meritocracy works.

to those that instead think: "but husaria ended up 4th, it's not fair that they might get their place stolen by e.g. monstars who ended up as 7th!"
actually being 4th or 7th doesnt change a shit cause the only positions that matter and that make you promote are THE 1ST AND THE 2ND, 3rd position is as useful as the 10th just saying. so yeah imo playoff between the 2nd div teams to decide who goes in div1 would have been the best and maybe there would have been less complaints.

(sorry kivi if i went off-topic about your wonderful idea but the other topic has been locked)

Caccapupu

Position: Goalkeeper

Postby Falk » October 1st, 2016, 5:31 pm

Muris 9 wrote:FH should stay in div 1 but ML don't, ehmm, didn't they change the whole roster? lololo
anyway you should shut the fuck up, as long as we don't get in the last 2 positions we won't get relegated :bounce: obv teams like TuT (nothing against them) should stay in div 1 after they finished the 2nd div in the middle of the ranking.. I'm still sure you're fkn retarded

Muris your whole team is changed, alkan and rodney doesnt matter since they never played one single game for you guys,
ur incompetent admins was too busy fucking me over and focusing getting trash teams to div1 like tut. You are a lucky man.

Falk

Position: Attacking Midfielder

Postby Muris 9 » October 1st, 2016, 5:34 pm

Falk wrote:
Muris 9 wrote:FH should stay in div 1 but ML don't, ehmm, didn't they change the whole roster? lololo

Muris your whole team is changed, alkan and rodney doesnt matter since they never played one single game for you guys,
ur incompetent admins was too busy fucking me over and focusing getting trash teams to div1 like tut. You are a lucky man.

It's just we didn't change captain, it's not the first time a team changes the whole roster and it won't be the last

Muris 9

Postby Lloyd Banks » October 1st, 2016, 6:26 pm

1v1 ban matches

Lloyd Banks
Rap Mod

Postby Kivi » October 1st, 2016, 7:58 pm

Hannes wrote:Do you want to face each team only once a season then? otherwise it would be 44 matchdays, which is huge number.
Another problem i see with a playoff system (we even once had a playoff in FM of Top4 teams) is the advantage of a normal league system, the best and most consistent team is 1st at the end.
In a playoff you can play a great regular season and fuck it up vs. a team which maybe only finished 9th.
And the other way round, a team playing a bad or average season and still get the chance to become champion.

If you have that many teams in one league you also get the problem of many teams bein in no-man's-land which can lead to matches where nobody cares about the result.

I forgot to add that you play every team only once. It is more about qualifying for a league-final than winning every single match. Weaker teams should be able to play against way stronger teams. They should get rekt and they should learn and adapt from their mistakes to get better. That's what this system could possibly do. Also strong teams don't have to play every single match with the strongest lineup, they can have variations in the lineup so people who aren't directly in the first lineup could have the chance to participate too.

In my opinion the skill gap is waaaaay to huge. Division 2 teams are getting smashed by the G-Lineup from YeS Allstars for example and that's what annoys me most. They're playing in their close minded division where you don't need to adapt or to learn.

I'm honest with you, shitty bosnian cunt, your team doesn't even closely deserve to participate in division 1. You already admitted it in a reply below. If you're too stupid to get my point, leave this topic and go fuck yourself.

Kivi

Postby Princé » October 1st, 2016, 8:31 pm

Princé

Return to League Discussion