Match report generator

It is what it says on the tin.

Match report generator

Postby saviola » July 31st, 2016, 10:32 am

Hello,

not sure if this is the right place to post this. If it isn't, then the admins can feel free to move it somewhere else.

TL;DR version:

There is now a link "Create match report" at the bottom of each match page, which may be used by captains to create match reports.

Long version:

Currently, captains post match reports in the matchday threads and the admins then need to manually enter these results on the FM site. To make this easier, I wanted to write a parser for the match reports, which automatically fills the data into the form in the FM administration backend, so that the admins then only have to check the data instead of having to copy it all.

Quickly I realized that for 10 captains, there are 8 differently formatted match reports, so that a parser would be very difficult to write. And so I came up with the idea of writing a tool which generates the match reports. This way, I can control the format and structure of the match report and make it easy to parse. It has the nice side-effect of also making match reporting easier for the captains.

The workflow thus becomes: From the matchday thread, captains click on their match, then use the "create match report" link (which was inserted by soc, thanks!) and fill in the form, then they copy the created report and paste it back into the matchday thread.

Any feedback (bugs, enhancements, ...) is appreciated.

The next things I'm hoping to do are:

• create the report parser and allow the match report form on the FM site to be automatically filled
  • add line-ups to the FM match reports (here I'm hoping for soc's help again :heart: )
  • make the Fantasy Haxball point calculation fully automatic

saviola

News Articles: 0

Re: Match report generator

Postby saviola » August 20th, 2016, 9:04 am

A small update:

• When you use the match report generator (and don't edit the generated report), a small icon will apear next to your post, allowing the automatic calculation of fantasy points.
  • For admins, a second icon appears which allows them to report the result on the site semi-automatically (the form is automatically filled and just needs to be checked and submitted).

So please consider using the match report generator to make life easier for the admins adding the results to the site and for MrP collecting the Fantasy Haxball points.

saviola

News Articles: 0

Return to League Discussion