Got a new laptop and haxball is now unplayable

Talk about haxball in here, maps, sides, players, tactics, anything related to the game.

Got a new laptop and haxball is now unplayable

Postby aeRo » March 11th, 2018, 9:38 pm

Got myself a new laptop recently and its absolutely wonderful for every game I currently play. However Haxball is not playable - game feels really unresponsive, randomly get a massive drag in one direction, the game quality looks really strange, there are no smooth lines anywhere, the player circles outlines are really rough looking.

I've tried multiple browser; Firefox, Chrome, Edge, SeaMonkey, Opera, Maxthon and its exactly the same problem on all of them. Strangely it is also a problem on both flash and HTML versions. In task manager nothing is looking strange (CPU, Memory, Disk, Network, GPU are all normal). Tried reinstalling flash and even using older versions but made made no difference.

If anyone has had a similar problem and managed to fix please help a brother out. I suspect it might be some graphics card setting or something but I have no idea what would be causing an issue.

aeRo
Elder of da Realm

News Articles: 0

Re: Got a new laptop and haxball is now unplayable

Postby Maddude » March 12th, 2018, 5:31 pm

who cares ur shit anyway mate

Co-Founder of Feed Me Community!
Maddude
Elder of da Realm

News Articles: 4

Position: Goalkeeper
Division 1 Winner: Every time except once
Cup Runner-up: Never
Division 2 Winner: Just the once
Cup Winner: Every time

Re: Got a new laptop and haxball is now unplayable

Postby aeRo » March 12th, 2018, 6:46 pm

FIXED
So turns out the problem was the resolution/zoom I had set in my display settings. I was on 125% zoom and resolution at 1920x1080, changed this to 100% zoom and 1600x900 and its back to normal. Haxball is so dumb.

aeRo
Elder of da Realm

News Articles: 0

Return to General Haxball Discussion