HTML5 HAXBALL IS OUT!

Talk about haxball in here, maps, sides, players, tactics, anything related to the game.

Re: HTML5 HAXBALL IS OUT!

Postby Herna » October 26th, 2017, 3:09 pm

I dont think its perfect yet, will need some time, for me it isnt really nice yet, im also sure fm will keep on flash for now.

does anyone know browser this works on where you dont have epic delay, i have to play on haxwin because thats the only thing where things actually happen when i do them, but that doesnt work for this version :( its no fun on chrome and firefox

Herna

News Articles: 27

Postby Twigg » October 26th, 2017, 3:32 pm

B4D4SS wrote:Basro changed the looks of the game, the player and ball is a different shape. Less Octagon shaped, and more round.

He thinks just cus the physics are the same that the gameplay will also completely be the same. Now defending in Haxball is going to be really easy to read and defend, but he ignored it cus he thinks that only physics affect gameplay, but in reality the visual part of the game affects the gameplay and which skills work too, and it's just as important that they stay the same imo.

You probably won't be seeing any DM trick like this working (that Hulk does) in the HTML5 Haxball cus of the ball and player shape being more round, despite physics not changing - Image

Which is a big shame, becuase it made defending much harder, and it was a trick that only a few DM's managed to do, and once they showed they could do it they could also use fakes with it to setup other things, etc..

Maybe if enough people comment that they would like the visuals to also be exactly the same, not just the physics, he might do something about it, since when I told him he just said that the physics are the same so it doesn't matter basically. ATM he's taken a lot of depth out of the game with the new visuals.

Is it your interpretation that he changed the roundness of the player and ball or has he said he changed it?

Twigg

News Articles: 0

Postby B4D4SS » October 26th, 2017, 3:43 pm

Twigg wrote:
Is it your interpretation that he changed the roundness of the player and ball or has he said he changed it?

Here's the report I made to him and his response

https://github.com/haxball/haxball-issues/issues/37

'The physics are unchanged. The ball might have been less round before but that would be a visual bug, it was perfectly round in the physics.' - Basro

But yeah like I said, the old visuals of less round shape made the game harder to defend and with more depth for the DM in attack and midfield. Kinda easy to defend when you can see the full shape of the circle, defending will just be following passes which wud be ez af. No more DM fake movements to defend..

B4D4SS

Position: Attacking Midfielder

Postby Hannes » October 26th, 2017, 3:53 pm

B4D4SS wrote:
But yeah like I said, the old visuals of less round shape made the game harder to defend and with more depth for the DM in attack and midfield. Kinda easy to defend when you can see the full shape of the circle, defending will just be following passes which wud be ez af. No more DM fake movements to defend..

not sure if serious :scratch:

Hannes

News Articles: 26
Betting Coins: 200

Cup Runner-up: Season 4

Postby B4D4SS » October 26th, 2017, 4:03 pm

Hannes wrote:not sure if serious :scratch:

Why would I not be serious? Changing the visuals of the game changed the gameplay, not just physics only. How you read the DM's movement on the ball changes if the shape of the DM and Ball is changed..

B4D4SS

Postby Kivi » October 26th, 2017, 4:09 pm

B4D4SS wrote:Basro changed the looks of the game, the player and ball is a different shape. Less Octagon shaped, and more round.

He thinks just cus the physics are the same that the gameplay will also completely be the same. Now defending in Haxball is going to be really easy to read and defend, but he ignored it cus he thinks that only physics affect gameplay, but in reality the visual part of the game affects the gameplay and which skills work too, and it's just as important that they stay the same imo.

You probably won't be seeing any DM trick like this working (that Hulk does) in the HTML5 Haxball cus of the ball and player shape being more round, despite physics not changing - Image

Which is a big shame, becuase it made defending much harder, and it was a trick that only a few DM's managed to do, and once they showed they could do it they could also use fakes with it to setup other things, etc..

Maybe if enough people comment that they would like the visuals to also be exactly the same, not just the physics, he might do something about it, since when I told him he just said that the physics are the same so it doesn't matter basically. ATM he's taken a lot of depth out of the game with the new visuals.

Once there's a meta change, people always start complaining. H1Z1 competitive AK gets pushed a bit and every one loses his mind. Haxball visuals are different and everyone loses it's mind as well. Gameplay hasn't changed, if you're not able to pull things like that up you might be just a bad player on your position?

If you're a player who wants visual control like I'm, you want to adapt to #1 zoom. If you're a player who does skills, you want to adapt between 2-3.

If you're not able to adapt on changes, you're not good! - This refers to every "competitive Haxball player" you wanna call yourself as.

Kivi

Position: Forward

Postby B4D4SS » October 26th, 2017, 4:16 pm

Kivi wrote:
Once there's a meta change, people always start complaining. H1Z1 competitive AK gets pushed a bit and every one loses his mind. Haxball visuals are different and everyone loses it's mind as well. Gameplay hasn't changed, if you're not able to pull things like that up you might be just a bad player on your position?

If you're a player who wants visual control like I'm, you want to adapt to #1 zoom. If you're a player who does skills, you want to adapt between 2-3.

If you're not able to adapt on changes, you're not good! - This refers to every "competitive Haxball player" you wanna call yourself as.

lol this has nothing to do with me or how i adapt, i just dont want the game to change if it makes it easier and more simple.

B4D4SS

Postby jalapeno » October 26th, 2017, 4:51 pm

HTML5 feels and looks smoother. Its easier to play for all the children. :3d_emoji:

I still prefer hardcore hax, but maybe basro will update and make baby hax more interesting soon.

:thumbup:
jalapeno

News Articles: 1

Division 1 Winner: Season 5

Postby Lloyd Banks » October 26th, 2017, 5:11 pm

basro likes men

Lloyd Banks
Rap Mod

Postby ANDRÈA » October 26th, 2017, 9:16 pm

well rip im used to play with middle quality + with more zoom than this html

ANDRÈA

Postby Unique » October 27th, 2017, 9:42 am

ANDRÈA wrote:well rip im used to play with middle quality + with more zoom than this html

u know u can still zoom? maybe it won't be the same but u can still do it with chrome..

Unique

Postby ANDRÈA » October 27th, 2017, 10:02 am

Unique wrote:
ANDRÈA wrote:well rip im used to play with middle quality + with more zoom than this html

u know u can still zoom? maybe it won't be the same but u can still do it with chrome..

yes,i tried that 1,2,3 key but its not same

ANDRÈA

Postby TTom » October 27th, 2017, 10:44 am

B4D4SS wrote:
Twigg wrote:

Here's the report I made to him and his response

https://github.com/haxball/haxball-issues/issues/37

'The physics are unchanged. The ball might have been less round before but that would be a visual bug, it was perfectly round in the physics.' - Basro

BASRO BASRO IT'S TOO ROUND

TTom

Postby SPAMMEUR FOU » October 27th, 2017, 11:57 am

Mamba wrote:
Conan wrote:the new screen size is pretty good, but there is too much fps lag for me, hopefully they can fix that soon

Try different browsers, for example for me Mozilla is really unplayable, but Chrome/Chromium works well.

Nothing différence, i have 60 fps but its inplayable, all the time lag :evil:

SPAMMEUR FOU

Postby aguero10 » October 27th, 2017, 1:00 pm

on firefox is rly good for me

aguero10

Division 1 Winner: Season 4
Division 2 Winner: Season 5

Postby Rénbeaudach » October 27th, 2017, 3:41 pm

Clearer graphics, higher framerate, lower ping times?

What is the world of haxball coming to?

Back in the old days you only had classic, couldn't see each others' ping and were lucky to find rooms where your own ping was under 160ms. Personally I think every change since has made the game worse and the only way to make FM great again is to return to the way haxball should be played™.

Rénbeaudach

News Articles: 3

Division 1 Winner: Season 99

Postby EdinsonCavani » October 27th, 2017, 4:22 pm

Rèn still alive :D

EdinsonCavani

Postby Lloyd Banks » October 27th, 2017, 5:29 pm

Lloyd Banks
Rap Mod

Postby GQKU » November 2nd, 2017, 2:31 pm

FEW THINGS I HAVE NOTICED AFTER PLAYING COUPLE OF GAMES:

1. IT IS MUCH HARDER TO DEFEND DUE TO THE PASSING AND SHOOTING SPEED ( B4D4SS <3). I FEEL LIKE THE GAME REWARDS MORE ATTACKING TEAMS THAN THOSE WHO LIKE TO DEFEND. AT THE SAME TIME COUNTER-ATTACKS CAN BE ABSOLUTELY DEADLY AND GORGEOUS.
2. I MAY BE WRONG BUT TURKISH MACRO STYLE GOT NERFED.
3. BETTER PINGS.
4. CONSTANT 60FPS ROCKS. 144 FPS MUST BE LIKE AN ORGASM. :elephant:

GQKU

Postby Anddy » November 2nd, 2017, 3:20 pm

Fps increased with the 4th screen size, i can finally play

Anddy

PreviousNext

Return to General Haxball Discussion