Can we improve 4v4 map?

Talk about haxball in here, maps, sides, players, tactics, anything related to the game.

Re: Can we improve 4v4 map?

Postby ATuntija » October 9th, 2017, 6:25 am

jalapeno wrote:
Spoiler: Show
In finnish league they made bigger goals and smaller ball because they wanted more goals. The result was even less goals because everyone focused even more on camping and none passed because mistakes got punished fast.
But maybe things would be way different here with more skilled players and smaller changes hehe.

:scratch:

I don't know where you got this info but it's not true tbh. We only used that 'bigger goals with smaller ball' map aka. rukkanen tiny in funcup, not in the league matches.

And it was just for testing. We were never going to use it in league matches.

ATuntija

News Articles: 12

Position: Forward

Postby tim » October 9th, 2017, 9:58 am

Vidal27 wrote:GO TO REAL SOCCER MAP :bounce:

tais toi idiot ><

tim

News Articles: 0

Position: Goalkeeper

Postby jalapeno » October 9th, 2017, 2:50 pm

ATuntija wrote:
jalapeno wrote:
Spoiler: Show
In finnish league they made bigger goals and smaller ball because they wanted more goals. The result was even less goals because everyone focused even more on camping and none passed because mistakes got punished fast.
But maybe things would be way different here with more skilled players and smaller changes hehe.

:scratch:

I don't know where you got this info but it's not true tbh. We only used that 'bigger goals with smaller ball' map aka. rukkanen tiny in funcup, not in the league matches.

And it was just for testing. We were never going to use it in league matches.

With finnish league I meant the community built around their league...

Also I didn't necessarily mean that they played matches on a map where the ball simultaneously was smaller/goals bigger at the same time(but apparently they even did that with the rukkanen map?). But they did infact play with smaller balls sometimes and bigger goals sometimes: like 3v3 big easy.

I didnt bother to specify these small details because I wasn't trying to prove a point by using ancient finnish hax abilities as some kind of evidence: in which could be applied on fm. I just added this because i like writing stuff.
But it isn't even important if its true or not. Maybe next time focus and comment about what points im talking about instead of getting caught up and hacking on the grammar.

:thumbup:
jalapeno

News Articles: 1

Division 1 Winner: Season 5

Postby B4D4SS » October 9th, 2017, 3:02 pm

I made a map but its not to change the meta or anything too much, just to improve the gameplay a bit of 4v4 3def.

Goal size and pitch height both bigger by 4 pixels, but kept the post-corner distance the same, which makes bussing harder, and a tad more space in midfield battles cus the wall floor and ceiling are more spread out.

Then the biggest difference was adding 40pixels of width to the pitch, which should make midfield battles last longer, and also the positioning of the GK/ST will probably be slightly more spread out in midfield (if they don't then they might be chasing the ball more, but naturally it would make sense to stand further back to catch clearances). Teams will have more space when they have the ball in midfield before they would get pressed too, or space behind the opponents if they do get pressed high and manage to play it through them.

So skilled guys like Yannex and Reus would probably dominate more in the midfield (which makes skills have more impact to the game than they do atm), and most likely more midfield goals through skills or passing combos which makes better promo clips and the game have more tactical/skill depth with midfield play being more significant to the game like real football.

I don't know how it would affect counter-attacks tbh, probably harder. If theres a 3v2 or 2v1 it would still be possible, but just take more skill and good passing/decision making to create a goal from a counter-attack since the opponents goal is further away. I think thats good because now counter-attacking doesn't become a cheap goal tactic anymore thats looked down upon, it would be a tactic thats not so easy to pull off but still possible, so there would be more levels to how well different teams counter-attack.

Here's map: http://haxmaps.com/map/7783

B4D4SS

Position: Attacking Midfielder

Postby Hannes » October 9th, 2017, 5:17 pm

how you want to handle 3def rule on this then?

Hannes

News Articles: 26
Betting Coins: 200

Cup Runner-up: Season 4

Postby StringerBell » October 9th, 2017, 5:34 pm

Imo theres nothing wrong with the 3def rule. What could be done though is to just create a map with red lines, then clarify the rules a little bit in the rulebook.

StringerBell

Postby B4D4SS » October 9th, 2017, 5:34 pm

Hannes wrote:how you want to handle 3def rule on this then?

Just same as it is now, I didnt really make it to fix 3def, just to make the gameplay better assuming the same rules as we have right now. Although if you wanted we could put a line on the field for the attacking area.

Since the field is much wider, the ST could be behind a line that isn't too close to midfield that we lose the midfield battle, while still having enough space to attack like normal as we do on the standard big map.

B4D4SS

Position: Attacking Midfielder

Postby ATuntija » October 9th, 2017, 8:45 pm

jalapeno wrote:

I'm sorry if I made you feel offended. Didn't meant to do that.

But now back to the discussion. Few words about your suggestion:
jalapeno wrote:Another idea that could maybe be interesting is:
Make the normal big map shorter >-----<
4v4, 3def, but the ST cant go past halfway line.

Maybe things would become more action packed and there wouldn't be any confusion with the def rule.

We could just draw a 3def line in the normal map, but it wouldn't make things much better. The mid-field is currently not very exciting anyway and the STs jobs is just to spam the ball to the corner.

Lets say we would make the pitch shorter and add the rule of ST not allowed to go on his own side (half way line = 3def line). What about gk of the attacking GK? Is he still allowed to go attack without ST following him? I mean, if he is, the pitch should be shortened quite a lot. Otherwise we would make it more difficult for defending team to get the ball out of their defense if opponent can play 4v3 on that side. Of course if the GK also attacks a lot, it would increase the chance of counter attacks.

I'm not saying your idea is bad, vice versa. We just need to find the "perfect" lenght for the pitch in order not to make it too hard for defending team to clear the ball with 3v4. I agree that this would make the rule more clear than it is at the moment.

If I had to choose between this and the idea of drawing a 3def line to the current big map, I would choose the half way line as the 3def line. :thumbup:

ATuntija

News Articles: 12

Position: Forward

Postby TehBeast » October 10th, 2017, 5:05 pm

B4D4SS wrote:So skilled guys like Yannex and Reus
My name is missing here :scratch:

TehBeast

Postby Kokolol » October 10th, 2017, 7:53 pm

I agree.

dussehh zussehh
Kokolol

Postby ANDRÈA » October 11th, 2017, 4:01 pm

not 4v4 but i really want to try that map;
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Gs3gKuYTYo

ANDRÈA

Postby Soul » October 11th, 2017, 4:09 pm

If I'm not wrong there was a funcup like that one ANDREA, 1 or 2 years ago xD

Soul

Position: Goalkeeper

Postby Unique » October 11th, 2017, 4:53 pm

ANDRÈA wrote:not 4v4 but i really want to try that map;
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Gs3gKuYTYo

yy should make it a thing

Unique

Postby Barca » November 14th, 2017, 12:11 pm

how was the funcup on those maps?

Barca

News Articles: 4

Position: Defensive Midfielder

Postby TehBeast » November 14th, 2017, 12:38 pm

WillYouReallyBeatME wrote:how was the funcup on those maps?

I won the funcup with my niggers ocho, huub and xSha. It was amazing :thumbup:

TehBeast

Previous

Return to General Haxball Discussion