oke

Talk about haxball in here, maps, sides, players, tactics, anything related to the game.

Re: oke

Postby Yawn » October 4th, 2017, 2:02 pm

So first of all, we need to sort the 3def rule out, I’d recommend everyone in Haxball to read and actually comprehend these rules (same as HCL, NC) : http://league1.org/viewtopic.php?f=91&p=77#p77

I know the FM rules are much more vague and easier to interpret however you want, which benefits a striker like Kivi, but it’s not of any real value for most of these offenses.

Kivi wrote:0:27 I don't see a touch, I was on my back movement immediately after you did.


An obvious touch, not a big offense though.

Kivi wrote:0:30

https://imgur.com/a/ECi1N

Interception line starts with your model.


The ball is inside the attacking zone and you intercepted it, 4def for sure in HCL, but because of the vague terms within the FM rulebook, you might get away with it (as the print you referred to earlier somewhere; rule 2.5)

Kivi wrote:1:16

Are you serious?


You go below the dm (aka entering the attacking area) and block a potential cross, how can you even argue that this isn’t breaking the rules? (a minor one though aswell)

Kivi wrote:1:23

?????


Same here.

Kivi wrote:5:18 / 5:22

https://imgur.com/a/EsQLu

The goalkeepers position doesn’t justify you staying inside the attacking zone.
  • 9

Yawn
 
Posts: 121
News Articles: 0
Betting Coins: 50
Reputation: 275

Joined: July 26th, 2015, 5:44 pm

Position: Forward

Re: oke

Postby Yawn » October 4th, 2017, 2:04 pm

StringerBell wrote:
The league is still running after starting ages ago so i guess things are working even without a serious rulebook. Fair enough, I guess.

Herna wrote:@Stringer what's wrong with the rules?

The rulebook isn’t precise and it leaves room for everyone to interpret the rules however they want. http://epvpimg.com/clWmcab

In this area you're allowed to intercept whenever the dm loses possession apparently. How do you even decide whether the dm has possession or not? It’s highly subjective, basically the dm can go and defend whenever the defending side has the ball in their corner, since technically the attacking side doesn’t have possession, right?

As long as the ball is inside the attacking zone, the ST shouldn’t be allowed to interfere. This would remove every vague aspect regarding the rule(s).

Mish wrote:you want defwin? after when your player used macro and insulting on my players? cmon you cant be srs....

You have no proof of any usage of a macro, it’s absurd to accuse Edi of using it based on the sequences your team is referring to.

And what about your team? Multiple violations of the 3def rule and plenty of insults towards the opponents.

StringerBell wrote:Considering it was brought up so early and your team kept disregarding the rules, personally I think it should be defwin.
Thats just my opinion, though.

I didn’t watch the entire game, just the incidents that were brought up in this thread. If this kept going on for the entire game like this, you should with no doubt be rewarded a defwin. A striker shouldn’t gamble with the rules, the rules are there for a reason. Sure, there are no huge violations, it’s rather the quantity.

Allen wrote:i didnt watch the replay but if you say that there are a lot of 4def situations dont you think defwin/lose is too much? maybe just replay the game or something?

Replaying a game is bullshit, either the result should remain, or a defwin should be rewarded.
  • 2

Yawn
 
Posts: 121
News Articles: 0
Betting Coins: 50
Reputation: 275

Joined: July 26th, 2015, 5:44 pm

Position: Forward

Re: oke

Postby Maddude » October 4th, 2017, 6:38 pm

This zone thing is bull anyway really and there's so much grey area over 4def.

Just change it so there is no zone except of course past half-way line that you can interfere with the DM. If the ball can be retrieved by the DM even if it is SLIGHTLY behind him then you shouldn't be allowed to push him to make them even less likely to get it. Obviously if a clear goes past the DM and as ST you are standing near as you should then that is a valid clear and you can play with it from there but without interfering unless it has gone past the DM.

The grey area comes around the saying of if your team kicks the ball out to clear then you are allowed to block the DM making him loss control even if he could have. That's where the rules stupid imo as Yawn says, like if you're on the defending team and two of you go to the corner and surround it, therefore meaning the attacking team doesn't have possession can the ST of the defending team then go and stand in the goal next to the GK?

Situations like this (from the rule book) where it goes to the other side and the ST/DM move up/down the pitch are the real grey area to me:
Image
Image

Like these are quite far out from the goal examples but I see this happening even closer to the goal nowadays meaning if you make an attempt to pass across the pitch where it often gets intercepted and then goes to the opposite side of the pitch to you then the defending ST is always gonna block you there. This just leads to nobody really wanting to cross as much and favouring teams who play with an aggressive AM just to tackle it to the opposite side for their ST to block DM for possession meaning games are spent in the corners not making passing plays. :sleep:
  • 1

Co-Founder of Feed Me Community!
User avatar
Maddude
Elder of da Realm
 
Posts: 2343
News Articles: 4
Betting Coins: 700
Reputation: 857

Joined: July 23rd, 2011, 11:00 pm
Location: South Coast

Position: Goalkeeper
Division 1 Winner: Every time except once
Cup Runner-up: Never
Division 2 Winner: Just the once
Cup Winner: Every time

Re: oke

Postby Flash9 » October 4th, 2017, 6:39 pm

omg fk u yawn u know nothing about haxball noob, dab
  • 0

User avatar
Flash9
 
Posts: 59
News Articles: 0
Reputation: 92

Joined: April 30th, 2016, 2:30 pm

Position: Forward

Re: oke

Postby EdinsonCavani » October 5th, 2017, 10:17 am

Image

please kivi stop it, i can't live without my feedme board's reputation
  • 0

EdinsonCavani
 
Posts: 137
News Articles: 0
Reputation: -141

Joined: January 3rd, 2013, 8:37 pm


Re: oke

Postby Kivi » October 5th, 2017, 1:24 pm

@Yawn: It does (5:18). I've asked at a similar situation a while ago where this got approved.

I want to state something before you misunderstand me. I'm also for more clear rules!
And if we already use the parameter of league1, let's post the picture here as well.

Image

Personally, I'm not a big fan of this "dynamic attacking zone". This just moves the abilities to abuse rules from the ST to the DM which is heavier due to the importance of the actual DM role in the game (see quote).
The attacking area describes the region between the area behind the middle the pitch and the opposing goal line.


There could be a solution.

Image

Obviously, not everyone might agree with that. Those rules are probably still going to be interpreted differently, but it's definitely more clear than the actual rules.
  • 5

Image


Image
Kivi
 
Posts: 196
News Articles: 0
Reputation: 101

Joined: May 12th, 2013, 6:56 pm

Position: Forward

Re: oke

Postby Kivi » October 5th, 2017, 7:28 pm

Guess too many people crying can influence admins decisions :fp: .

GL with your 3def rule btw.
  • 0

Image


Image
Kivi
 
Posts: 196
News Articles: 0
Reputation: 101

Joined: May 12th, 2013, 6:56 pm

Position: Forward

Re: oke

Postby StringerBell » October 5th, 2017, 7:32 pm

Kivi wrote:Guess too many people crying can influence admins decisions :fp: .


Or maybe its the fact that you broke the rules 15 times in one game, a lot of them after we told u about it?
  • 0

StringerBell
 
Posts: 100
News Articles: 0
Reputation: 39

Joined: December 16th, 2014, 3:41 am


Re: oke

Postby Kivi » October 5th, 2017, 7:40 pm

StringerBell wrote:
Kivi wrote:Guess too many people crying can influence admins decisions :fp: .


Or maybe its the fact that you broke the rules 15 times in one game, a lot of them after we told u about it?


over 10 aren't even 4 :fp:
  • -5

Image


Image
Kivi
 
Posts: 196
News Articles: 0
Reputation: 101

Joined: May 12th, 2013, 6:56 pm

Position: Forward

Re: oke

Postby StringerBell » October 5th, 2017, 7:49 pm

Kivi wrote:
StringerBell wrote:
Kivi wrote:Guess too many people crying can influence admins decisions :fp: .


Or maybe its the fact that you broke the rules 15 times in one game, a lot of them after we told u about it?


over 10 aren't even 4 :fp:


FM's rulebook disagrees with you.
  • -6

StringerBell
 
Posts: 100
News Articles: 0
Reputation: 39

Joined: December 16th, 2014, 3:41 am


Re: oke

Postby Mish » October 5th, 2017, 8:33 pm

Hannes wrote:The match Quickswans vs. Trailer Park Penguins will be rated as defwin for Trailer Park Penguins.
- QuickSwans broke rule 2.5 (3def) several times.
- They continued also after ingame protest of opponent team.
- Official warning for QuickSwans to take care about 3def better in future matches.



I just waiting where they warned us in match ? like normal ppl
  • 0

User avatar
Mish
 
Posts: 141
News Articles: 0
Reputation: 126

Joined: July 11th, 2013, 6:03 pm

Position: Goalkeeper

Re: oke

Postby jasko » October 6th, 2017, 6:29 am

If you complain about someone acting like a twat, why do you have to be worse than that on purpose? The thing is they warned you, doesn't matter how, you should've respected it and at least not gamble with your luck..
  • 1

Image
User avatar
jasko
 
Posts: 155
News Articles: 0
Betting Coins: 0
Reputation: 83

Joined: April 3rd, 2016, 11:02 pm

Position: Attacking Midfielder

Previous

Return to General Haxball Discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 8 guests