Problem with Haxwin

Talk about haxball in here, maps, sides, players, tactics, anything related to the game.

Problem with Haxwin

Postby jelly » September 15th, 2017, 6:38 pm

so basically when i open haxwin, there are no rooms and if i want to join private room it types ''connection to the host is closed''

https://gyazo.com/549f7d7734978c41e517ae66fa3bf7dd

https://prnt.sc/glm2se

jelly

Re: Problem with Haxwin

Postby salamini » September 15th, 2017, 7:43 pm

basro made some update and it fucked things up. need to investigate further in a week or 2.

salamini

News Articles: 0

Postby Emenike10 » September 16th, 2017, 1:33 pm

I have same problem :fp:

Emenike10

Postby salamini » September 17th, 2017, 10:23 am

Everyone has this problem. Tested a bit and it will work again when I update the browser engine. I will do some more testing to figure out which one would be the best version. Will probably make download available in couple of days.

If you are using the room browser (HaxRooms) it is not working either. Basro changed the way the list of rooms is loaded and I have not yet looked into it.

Ill be back.

salamini

Postby salamini » September 17th, 2017, 6:07 pm

Hello humans.

I updated the firefox engine to oldest possible version haxball could work with. Hopefully there is not so much fps drop though might be some. For those who want to test this version download it from https://drive.google.com/open?id=0BwYHAvfpxdzJMzhjSkhtOEdpS2c and please give feedback.

Also there is a chat overlay function that I think was requested by Mamba long time ago. Hopefully we can also get the room listing back working and maybe integrate it to HaxWin.

If there are no major issues I will upload this to saviolas host with his permission.

Have fun.

salamini

Postby saviola » September 17th, 2017, 6:49 pm

Do you know how haxball.com validates the browser engine? User agent? Is there a way to get around the validation without changing the browser engine used? Seems like it simply stopped working on some "real" browsers as well, so it must be something wrong with the HTTP header.

saviola

Postby salamini » September 17th, 2017, 6:53 pm

might be that but basro also changed how the room listing is loaded so might be also that the older engine doesnt understand. this is just a quick fix to get it working at least. need to investigate further.

salamini

Postby saviola » September 18th, 2017, 8:31 am

I think I have found the problem: Basro added a check for the referer in the HTTP header. In FF, when you go to about:config and change network.http.sendRefererHeader to 0, haxball stops working. Change the value to 2, and it works.

Maybe we can find a way to selectively rewrite HTTP packets sent to haxball.com and automatically add the needed header fields (for people like me, who want to keep using the old Haxball Window, for which we don't have the source code).

saviola

Postby salamini » September 18th, 2017, 3:39 pm

Thanks for the info. Checked and HaxWin with the older engine (same as haxball window uses) has it set to 2 so it did not fix the problem straight up, but might be related.

Some domain check was included in the previous version also but can't remember how it was implemented.

salamini

Postby Nana8 » September 18th, 2017, 3:42 pm

glad to see that i'm not the only one

lmao
Nana8

Position: Defensive Midfielder

Postby saviola » September 25th, 2017, 3:38 pm

Here goes nothing... I sat down and took the first HTTP proxy which seemed easy enough to customize and built working versions for both the original Haxball Window as well as salamini's HaxWin 1.0, here are the downloads:

Haxball Window with proxy
HaxWin with proxy

Instructions (every time you run it):

• Run the proxy.bat in the main directory (don't close the CMD window which appears)
  • Start Haxball Window / HaxWin as usual

Starting the application is slow as fuck (and no, there are no strange sounds, you're hearing things), and loading the room list / joining rooms is slower as well, but it at least works again. Gameplay itself is not affected by the proxy, so it should be smooth as usual.

Only use these if you really can't play with new HaxWin 1.1.

If anyone with (more) windows programming experience has a cleaner/faster/more integrated solution in mind, feel free to talk to me, this is just a first attempt, a proof of concept that it can be solved using a simple HTTP proxy. salamini is working on a much better way to make HaxWin 1.0 work without a proxy again, but for the original Haxball Window we will probably be stuck with a solution similar to this.

saviola

Postby salamini » September 25th, 2017, 5:29 pm

Thank you saviola. The version in this post works for me but for some older computers it is still a bit too heavy because of the newer firefox engine.

I will work on a solution in the coming weeks. If anyone is experienced with C# and xpcom help is appreciated. Guild wars 2 just had an expansion and its slowing me down since i wanna play it and also the documentation for gecko is not so easy reading when you have not been working with xpcom interfaces.

salamini

Postby salamini » October 19th, 2017, 5:48 pm

Hello. I wont be updating HaxWin anymore since the HTML5 version of haxball is coming. I tried the alpha version and it seemed to run much smoother and is probably more lightweight. Use the tools available for now and we will see what happens when HTML5 comes.

salamini

Postby salamini » January 7th, 2018, 9:15 pm

Hey I decided to eat my words and update HaxWin one last time. It has now the saviolas proxy idea integrated into it to make it work with the older Firefox engine (which was probably faster for haxball) and the overlay to hide the chat.

Download from http://quickswans.de/downloads/HaxWin1.2.zip kindly hosted by saviola as always. ^^

salamini

Postby CHAMPION » January 7th, 2018, 10:28 pm

i have a problem with haxwin
my screen is small in it
http://prntscr.com/hxdiqs
:oops: :x

can some1 help me to fix it :roll:

CHAMPION

Position: Forward