Big or Big Easy?

Talk about haxball in here, maps, sides, players, tactics, anything related to the game.

Which is best?

Big (3 def)
75%
Big Easy
25%

Total votes : 59

Big or Big Easy?

Postby socrates » September 21st, 2016, 12:48 pm

We had this poll a while ago but it would be interesting to see whether opinions have changed now. Last time it was very close 54% to 46%.

Which format do you prefer and why!

socrates

News Articles: 69

Re: Big or Big Easy?

Postby Hannes » September 21st, 2016, 12:49 pm

Why not huge 5v5?

Hannes

News Articles: 27
Betting Coins: 200

Cup Runner-up: Season 4

Postby Twigg » September 21st, 2016, 2:57 pm

3 def league, Big Easy cup!

Twigg

News Articles: 0

Postby Twigg » September 21st, 2016, 2:58 pm

But if I had to choose I'd go with 3 def

Twigg

Postby MrP » September 21st, 2016, 3:01 pm

socrates wrote:We had this poll a while ago but it would be interesting to see whether opinions have changed now. Last time it was very close 54% to 46%.

Which format do you prefer and why!

For cup u mean?

MrP

News Articles: 32

Division 1 Winner: Season 8
Cup Runner-up: Season 4

Postby socrates » September 21st, 2016, 3:16 pm

I just meant in general which do people prefer.

I guess for cup would be a different result as some would prefer big but like the cup to be something different just as a change.

socrates

Postby socrates » September 21st, 2016, 3:32 pm

Imo I guess I prefer Big at the moment but the 3def rule still isn't great. Since different leagues have different interpretations then it can lead to some annoying arguments in fs. Also it kind of restricts play styles and tactics as the majority of teams all play the same way. It can become 3v3 in corners then 1v1 between st/gk after a clearance and then back to 3v3 again. That the gk and St are excluded for parts of the game kind of sucks. But the main benefit is that you can get space in attack in order to build nice passing moves and the better attacking team is able to win more often.

Would be nice to hear the viewpoint of people who have more big easy experience than me. I used to prefer it but lately it seems that a lot of games can be decided more often by spam goals or defensive mistakes rather than good passing attacks. Although maybe its just my ability that makes it seem like that :D

socrates

Postby Lloyd Banks » September 21st, 2016, 4:17 pm

Stupid thread by a stupid man

Lloyd Banks
Rap Mod

Postby Tanzim » September 21st, 2016, 4:29 pm

socrates wrote:Imo I guess I prefer Big at the moment but the 3def rule still isn't great. Since different leagues have different interpretations then it can lead to some annoying arguments in fs. Also it kind of restricts play styles and tactics as the majority of teams all play the same way. It can become 3v3 in corners then 1v1 between st/gk after a clearance and then back to 3v3 again. That the gk and St are excluded for parts of the game kind of sucks. But the main benefit is that you can get space in attack in order to build nice passing moves and the better attacking team is able to win more often.

Would be nice to hear the viewpoint of people who have more big easy experience than me. I used to prefer it but lately it seems that a lot of games can be decided more often by spam goals or defensive mistakes rather than good passing attacks. Although maybe its just my ability that makes it seem like that :D

play in the russian 4v4 pubs soc, u'll get a decent impression of hw big ez regulars play

nt gna lie i was sweatin last yr wen i played in dem rooms

Tanzim

Postby chuckdog » September 21st, 2016, 4:46 pm

mate you sweat in rorz 3v3 rooms

chuckdog

Position: Defensive Midfielder

Postby Atomik » September 21st, 2016, 5:06 pm

Big easy is for boys
Big (3def) is for men

Atomik

Position: Defensive Midfielder

Postby Herna » September 21st, 2016, 5:27 pm

i hate both. haxball is shit!

Herna

News Articles: 27

Postby B4D4SS » September 21st, 2016, 6:49 pm

big easy = spam goals and easier def
big= harder to def and nice skillful goals scored not just running into dangerous areas spamming hoping for lucky deflections

B4D4SS

Position: Attacking Midfielder

Postby CHAMPION » September 21st, 2016, 6:50 pm

big easy will be easier :roll:

CHAMPION

Position: Forward

Postby doupi » September 21st, 2016, 7:15 pm

I like big easy better, but I don't think this league should change. I don't even think they are that comparable, they're very different styles.

B4D4SS wrote:big easy = spam goals and easier def
big= harder to def and nice skillful goals scored not just running into dangerous areas spamming hoping for lucky deflections

top kek, do you really think big easy is easier to defend? Put together two passes and you have a goalkeeper in Big Easy goal, positioning is key. Recovery is so much harder than with only Big goals.

doupi

Postby Clinical Striker » September 21st, 2016, 8:09 pm

big is obviously easier to def (even goal is smaller lol), even easier now in the high-level competitions almost everybody learned how to def or certain positions you have to be in defence. i don't think a 100% right comparison can be made between these two but still i'm writing this xd

big easy is less fun because there is too much spamming and requires less skill to score goals, you only take the chances your opponent gives you or spam them into their goal. on the other hand big is no different so we can conclude that haxball isn't fun imo XD

but i think that the satisfaction you have when you score is much more higher in big, you feel like you achieved something but in big easy thats not the case cuz either you scored it because the goal is bigger or you spammed well enough..

Clinical Striker

Postby Yannex » September 21st, 2016, 9:00 pm

big 3def = for men, players that acctually good at haxball, more fun, need to use your brain and skills to win..

big easy = for bitches, players that acctually scared to play good players, much less fun, no need for brain\skill just XXXXXXXXXXXXXXSPAMXXXXXXXX..

:afro:

Yannex

Position: Attacking Midfielder

Postby Kivi » September 22nd, 2016, 1:12 am

I actually prefer Big easy. Nearly everyone is playing the same style at big now, that makes it kinda boring for me. I tried with aN something new (even if it's not beautiful hax) and it worked because everyone is just playing the basic gameplay which has no self-development in tactics.

I think Big easy has much potential, because you can play this map on so many kind of ways. Rotating DM's, Rotating whole team, 2-2 basic, 1-3 triangle and you also have so many options to act in defense/offense. The problem is: Many people are not skilled enough to make a gameplay possible for big easy (tier 2, tier 3+ teams) because they're not even capable of making good hax on big. Yes, Big easy is much spaming but it's wrong to say "big easy is just about spaming" because you don't even have to go into a spambattle, you could just reflect it on yourself (what every tier 1 player does who has not strong spam).

I would really appreciate a project big easy in the Feed Me-League (maybe as a special "division/league" including to FM to give people a taste of competitive big easy.

And my last comment: I can't understand those big votes. I'm pretty sure 70% of the big votes have never played big easy competitively or on a level where you can see a difference between big or big easy. Mostly of the "big easy testers" played it on a low level and got crushed by individually better players.

Kivi

Postby Jai » September 22nd, 2016, 10:16 am

think it depends what team you're playing with tbh, the uk team i played with last nations cup was quite spammy and i got really bored of it quite quick, but a lot of teams seem to be going down that route. if you've got the players to pass the ball fluidly in big easy i suppose it could be quite fun but i havent played on a team like that yet :scratch:

so cus its 3 def in big seems to be more opportunity to get the ball moving around, or atleast with seeders anyway, so big is my fav

Jai

Position: Goalkeeper

Postby VENOM i7 » September 22nd, 2016, 2:20 pm

imo i think big ez is more fun for the gk in attack because the dm's rotate like kivi said, but 3def is harder to score because there are smaller goals, easier to defend etc

VENOM i7

Next

Return to General Haxball Discussion